Jobs at:SOS Children’s Villages
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, August 18 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, August 03 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Accountant is responsible for assisting the Senior Accountant in coordinating and supervising SOS Children’s Villages Programs financial matters
• Provides financial matters, ensuring that all Projects operate per Financial Policies and Procedures of SOS Children’s Villages International in line with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Supports the Senior Accountant in preparation of monthly financial reports.
• Ensures that all payments are genuine, are appropriately supported and accounted for; and all receipts are properly documented and timely banked.
• In consultation with the Senior Accountant, the Facility/program heads are supported in preparing and developing their annual budgets.
• In collaboration with the Senior Accountant, periodically prepares the income and expense variance analysis and helps to report and suggest adjustments or budget re-allocation where necessary.
• Assist the Senior Accountant in preparing monthly running cost transfer requests in line with the approved budget.
• Participate in carrying out an internal audit for all the Programs / Facilities as per the Internal Audit checklist
• Regularly reviews all supporting documents for payments such as Purchase Request Form, Local Purchase Orders, Invoices, bills, payment vouchers e.t.c. to see if the expenses are appropriate and within the budget limits and the accuracy of the bills and invoices before payment is prepared.
• Regularly checks the Bank and Cash Registers and the Bank Statements of SOS Children’s Village Zanzibar accounts to ensure that all payments and withdrawals are authentic. Immediately reports any irregularity noted for necessary action.
• Prepares Cash and Bank Registers as per the approved payment vouchers daily, ensuring they are correctly coded, and all supporting documents are available.
• Operates petty cash, prepares petty cash vouchers, observes maximum and minimum float amounts, timely requests for reimbursements.
• Ensures room inventories are prepared for all offices/buildings and are reconciled with the fixed asset and D365 asset listings.
• Assist Senior Accountant in ensuring that all measures to strengthen internal control as recommended by auditors in various audit reports are implemented and adhered to by all Program units.
• Administers food and household and clothing allowances for the village according to the approved rates.
• Ensures all salary advances, soft loans, travel advances, and business imprests are recovered in time
• Prepares Bank reconciliation statements and cash registers for Children’s Village, Programs,
• Prepare payment vouchers with relevant accounting codes and numbers and with adequate supporting documents, and that entries made in the registers tally with the payment vouchers.
• Assist Senior Accountant in posting all program transactions to accounting software (D365) daily.
• Assist the Senior Accountant in preparation of income and expense variance analysis monthly.
• Prepares Payables and Receivebles reconciliations for SOS Children’s Village Zanzibar.
• Assist in maintaining of Child Money Gift Register for SOS Children Village Zanzibar.
• Regularly review the bills (telephone, electricity bills, maintenance claims etc.) for payment and submit to the Senior Accountant for checking and authenticity before vouchers are prepared and payment effected.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting/ MBA or a related field
• Final/ Intermediate stage for NBAA examination will be an added advantage
• Plus three (3) years in a relevant field (preferably with an NGO).
• Prior experience in accounting, budgeting, financial controlling, internal audit, accounting software.
• Analytical skills
• High degree of Integrity
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidate should submit an application letter by email enclosed by only detailed and updated CV with telephone contacts, email address and details of at least 3 referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the title of position applied for. Only contacted candidates for the interview will submit copies of academic and professional certificates
Closing date is 18th August, 2023. To apply please send to;
The National Director, SOS Children’s Villages.
Dares Salaam, Tanzania
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.