- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Regional Program Manager
Deadline of this Job:
22nd October 2019
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University. For more than 46 years now, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions to strengthen the delivery of health care services for women and their families. By putting evidence-based health innovations into everyday practice, Jhpiego works to break down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations. Jhpiego, implementing a number of projects in Tanzania, wishes to recruit for the following 2 positions. Regional Program Manager .
Position Overview: The Regional Program Manager will be responsible for leading regional operations and oversee program implementation in all districts targeted by the Project in the Kagera region. S/he will work closely with Regional and District Health Management Teams (R/CHMTs) counterparts to set Regional and district priorities, and will provide leadership and management support to project staff and ensure they are working in a coordinated, rational and integrated way in the pursuit of Project deliverables. The Regional Program Manager will also coordinate with the USAID Boresha Afya Project Technical Leads to tailor assistance based on district needs and will engage other sectors at the district level. The person selected for this position will actively participate in regional RMNCAH and malaria policy and strategy discussions including planning and progress reviews with other stakeholders, as appropriate.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Advanced degree in program management (e.g. MBA), healthcare management or other relevant field. Degree in clinical medicine or nursing desirable.
• At least 7 years demonstrated experience implementing and managing healthcare programs (This includes human resources, procurement and sub-grantee management, development of regional strategies, budget and work plans)
• Experience in managing a large office and professional staff
• Proven leadership in team building, and demonstrated ability to achieve results
• Extensive knowledge of the local health systems
• Previous experience and understanding of USG funded programs
• Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas: MNCH, Family Planning, and/or Postpartum Family Planning
• Demonstrated ability to develop working relationships with local government, key stakeholders and other agencies
• Demonstrated experience in writing quarterly and annual report, as well as documentation of program results
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili
• Ability to travel up to 30%
Job Education Requirements: Degree
Job Experience Requirements: + Years
Job application procedure
Jhpiego offers a competitive package for selected candidates in line with salary history, academic qualifications and relevant experience.
To apply please indicate the position title of the position you are applying for on the subject line of your e-mail. Applications should also include an up-to-date CV with three contactable professional references, a cover letter and your salary history. Applications, which do NOT Include ALL of these elements, will NOT be considered.
All applications should be sent through email: USAIDBoreshaAfya.Applications@jhpiego.org Electronics applications are encouraged. The subject on your application email should be the Title of the position you are applying for, so that we do not miss your application. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 22 October 2019, at 5:00 P.M. Jhpiego Is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Persons with disabilities and other minority groups are encouraged to apply
Caution to the applicants: There have been some bogus adverts online that require candidates to apply through some email addresses of public domains e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc. Kindly note: USAIDBoreshaAfya.Applications@jhpiego.org is the address to use for this recruitment. Please ignore any of those adverts. We also do not charge any application fee nor entertain any meetings or telephone calls. If shortlisted, you will get an official call from our office and receive required steps. If you suspect any wrong – doing kindly write to the Director of Human Resource, through email@example.com