2 Economists II
Jobs at:Tanzania Posts Corporation
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, February 18 2024
Date Posted: Monday, February 05 2024, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Postmaster General of Tanzania Posts Corporation (TPC) invites dynamic, proactive, experienced and suitable qualified Tanzanians to fill 24 vacancies posts.
The Tanzania Posts Corporation (TPC) was established by Act of Parliament No. 19 of 1993 and became operational on the 1st January, 1994. As a designated public postal operator, TPC is obligated to abide by universal services obligation (USO) which mandates the Corporation to provide accessible, affordable, and reliable postal services to the people of the United Republic of Tanzania in all corners of this country.
ECONOMIST II – 2 Posts
Holder of Bachelor Degree in one of the following fields; Economics, Project Planning and Management, Economics and Statistics, Economics and Finance, Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness, Statistics or equivalent qualifications from recognized institutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To assist in issues related to planning and budgeting;
• To assist in planning and control development projects;
• To assist to identify income generation activities;
• To assist in the preparation of short and long term plan and strategies;
• To prepare guidelines for planning and assist in the coordination, preparation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the strategic plan;
• To compile budget estimates of Directorates, Units and Sections according to issued budget framework guideline;
• To compile Cooperation’s projects, work plans and monitor implementation;
• To review Cooperation’s strategic and business plans;
• To review and recommend on Cooperation’s Action Plans;
• To propose strategies for improving performance; and
• To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by thesupervisor.
Salary Scale: TPCSS 4
Age Limit: Not more than thirty years (30) years.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers.
• All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania.
• People with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply and should indicate clearly in the application for Tanzania Posts attention;
• Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
• Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates: – Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates; Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts; Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates; Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable); and Birth certificate.
• Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted: – Form IV and Form VI results slips; and Testimonials and Partial transcripts.
• An applicant must submit a recent Passport Size Photo.
• An applicant employed in the Public Service should route his application letter through his respective employer.
• An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
• An applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
• Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
• Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institutions should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
• A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to Postmaster General, Tanzania Posts Corporation. P.O. BOX 9551 Dar es Salaam and must be sent through “EMS”
• Only shortlisted candidates will be informed the date of interview; and
• Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate legal action;
NOTE: All applications must be sent through “EMS”
Tanzania Posts Corporation,
7 Ghana Street.
11300 DAR ES SALAAM
Deadline for application is 18th February, 2024;
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.