2 Field Agronomists (Tanzanian National)
Jobs at:World Vegetable Center
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, November 30 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 15 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
World Vegetable Center on behalf of IFDC undersigned hosting agreement is seeking to recruit Field Agronomist (2 positions) in Arusha/Dodoma.
About IFDC I
FDC is a public international organization active in 27 countries in Africa, Asia, and America. IFDC uniquely approaches the global issues of food security and poverty by bridging the gap between research and impact, combining science-based innovations, holistic market systems development, an enabling policy environment, and strategic partnerships to assist farmers and countries to identify and scale sustainable agricultural solutions, including improved nutrient use efficiency. These approaches are needed to boost soil health and crop productivity while reducing the environmental impact of fertilizer use. IFDC translates research into action by using locally driven, environmentally sound, and impact-oriented solutions. With our partners, we seek to close the yield gap, eradicate global hunger, safeguard the soil on which our lives depend, and generate economic resilience for farming households and the countries in which they live.
IFDC is currently seeking passionate individuals to join its team, as the organization continues to expand its impact and work towards creating positive changes in agriculture and sustainable soil management across the world.
• Assist the daily supervisor in identifying suitable and representative locations for establishment of on-farm or on-station trials
• Collect soil and plant samples, label them properly and send to designated laboratories for chemical and physical analyses following the guidelines provided by the daily supervisor.
• Interpret and implement research protocols by establishing the field experiments.
• Ensure that logistics for establishment of trials are in place e.g., Procurement of the ingredients/nutrient and preparation of fertilizers blends, if needed
• Interact with farmers, private sector, public institutions for establishment of on-farm research trials.
• Prepare the work plan and submit to daily supervisor for approval.
• Ensure timely monitoring, data collection, data processing and reporting from on-farm research trials.
• Assist in publishing results in reputed scientific journals, technical reports and magazines.
• Perform a variety of other related duties as required.
• Minimum of a Master in Agronomy or Soil Science.
• More than 5 years of relevant research experience including on-farm fertilizers trials and soil management.
• Expertise in statistics, data management and plant physiology.
• Experience in both macro and micro crop nutrient research trials
• Proven record of published results from research trials in a peer-reviewed journal
• Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
Reporting and Work Relationships
This position will report to SOILS-S2P head or his designee.
The location for this will be IFDC Country office hosted by WorldVeg Center in Arusha.
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff position with competitive pay and benefits as per World Vegetable Center salary scheme. The position is only open to Tanzanian nationals. The initial appointment is for one year and may be extended depending on requirement, funding availability, and performance of the incumbent.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants should submit a letter of application explaining their suitability for and interest in the position along with a curriculum vita, names and addresses (including telephone/fax/e-mail) of three referees, and date of availability at email@example.com or the job bank site before 30 November 2023.Please mention the position title in the subject line.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.