2 Finance Officer
Jobs at:Management and development for heath(MDH)
Deadline of this Job:
30 September 2021
Date Posted: Monday, September 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position: 2 Finance Officer
Location: Geita & Tabora
Reports To: Finance And Administration Manager
The Finance Officer is responsible for the day-to-day tasks in the Finance Department. She/He is responsible for administration of financial transactions including entering data into the system, updating financial records, processing invoices and preparing various Finance reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To process duly approved disbursements of both cash and banking adherence to policy and procedures.
• To ensure that all payment requisitions are complete with all the necessary support documentation such as pro-forma invoices/bids, local purchase order, selection minutes, delivery notes, tax invoices, etc. before making payment. Also, ensuring that all payments are properly coded and cancelled by PAID stamp.
• To record and post all approved financial transactions into the accounting system
• To make and process advance payments including but not limited to travel advances, sub contractors/grantee advances, etc.
• To ensure office costs are identified and correctly apportioned and charged to the respective projects/donors and other costs centres.
• To perform day to day banking activities and report and highlight items of attentions to the management.
• To maintain accounting records and filling them in an appropriate manner.
• To assist in budgeting preparation process for the program and assist out in preparation of monthly and quarterly expenditure reports.
• To prepare payroll accurately, timely and efficiently as approved ensuring compliance with internal guidance and laid down policies & procedures.
• To prepare monthly statutory returns e.g. PAYE and Statutory contributions in a timely and accurate manner and to ensure all filing is appropriately done.
• To prepare and follow up tax exemption processes for the organization, Management and Development for Health. Prepare MDH annual returns for filing with TRA
• To ensure adherence to accounting and financial standards as per IPSAs, IFRS, ISA and Tanzania legislation, with comprehensive internal policies and procedures.
• To perform any other task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Requirements: Education, work experience and skills:
• Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance, Administration or Accounting.
• At least three (3) years’ experience in Finance or related function job.
• Professional qualification would be an added advantage.
• Knowledge and experience on accounts payable, receivable, cash, bank, and maintaining general ledger.
• Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing financial and accounting information.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial and employees/vendors files.
• Practical knowledge and skills in Payroll preparations.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, bookkeeping skills, attention to details.
• Skills in running accounting software and the general computer literacy.
• Ability to manage time and observing deadlines.
• Honest and trustworthy, respectful and depicting sound work ethics.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email. Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Director through email email@example.com by 30th September 2021. MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.