2 Interns - Electrical (Sitewide)
Jobs at:Geita Gold Mining Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, October 16 2023
Date Posted: Friday, October 06 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About Geita Gold Mining Ltd
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. GGML undertakes to offer internship opportunities to fresh Tanzanian graduates of various disciplines, to take place at Geita Gold Mine, Geita Tanzania, with the aim of “Enhancing Graduates Employability in Tanzania”. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven graduates to take part in the company internship programmes as described below:
Purpose Of The Ggml Internship Programme:
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) has been a strong supporter to the government initiatives to enhance graduates’ employability in Tanzania, having implemented internships and other graduate programmes for several years. GGML is contributing towards skills development in Tanzania by providing graduates with opportunities to gain work experience in various skills areas. The internship Programme provides an opportunity to unemployed graduates to gain meaningful work experience that will complement their studies and provide them with experience that could help them gain access to the labour market. The internship is for fixed term (12 months) and there is no guarantee of any offer of employment by the company on expiry of the internship period. At the minimum, GGML Internship Programme shall be undertaken in accordance with the “National Internship Guidelines” as published by the Prime Minister’s Office, Labor, Youth, Employment and Disability in September 2017.
INTERN POST(S) AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
• Electrical (sitewide) (2 posts) - BSc in Electrical Engineering.
• Female Graduates and People with Disability are highly encouraged to apply.
To qualify for the internship post(s), one MUST:
• Be a Tanzanian citizen.
• Be an unemployed Tanzanian graduate aged between 18 – 30 years.
• Have completed Advanced Diploma / Degree in Nursing with a minimum GPA of 3.5
• Have graduated between 2021 and 2023. The candidate must possess a valid degree certificate. Transcripts only or provisional results will not be accepted.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED & HOW TO APPLY:
• Please Apply by Clicking APPLY NOW button Here
• On the portal you will be required to upload your updated Resume (2 pages only and in PDF format). On the portal use the field named ‘Resume’ to upload the resume.
• Scanned copies of university Degree Certificate and your full Degree Transcript (provisional results will not be accepted). Please combine certificate and transcript and upload as one PDF document, don’t upload separately. On the portal use the field named ‘Cover Letter’ to upload the certificates.
• If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for internship on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
• You will be required to present original certificates and transcripts if you are contacted for interviews.
• Please do not attach any other document not requested here.
• Please only apply if you qualify for this post.
• You can apply for not more than 2 internship posts advertised.
• Applications not adhering to above instructions shall not be considered.
• Applications submitted via email, by post, by hand or by any means other than online application via links provided shall not be considered.
• Applications should reach the above on or before 16th October 2023 at 5:30 PM
• Only shortlisted graduates will be contacted for interviews.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.