2 Sector specialist – Disability Inclusive Ultra-Poor Graduation
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, April 26 2023
Date Posted:Wednesday, April 26 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
BRAC is an award-winning international non-governmental development organisation, with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. BRAC is a leader in developing and implementing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes to assist poor and disadvantaged communities in low-income countries, including in conflict- prone and post-disaster settings. It is an organisation of and for the people of the Global South, pioneering new development and social enterprise approaches to equip communities to achieve prosperity. As well as being the world’s biggest NGO by number of staff and people directly reached, BRAC has regularly been ranked the number one NGO in the world by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent organisation committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector. BRAC retained the top spot in 2020 among the top 500 NGOs for the fifth consecutive year.
BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed. It started its first programme outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002 and has since reached millions of people in 11 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC has a holistic approach to development that uses a wide array of programmes and social enterprises, including in microfinance, education, health, agriculture, gender and human rights. BRAC believes that every person has inherent potential, and when an enabling environment is created and that potential is unleashed, even the poorest can become agents of positive change in their own lives, for their families and their communities.
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania is part of a leading development organization that started its operations in
2006 in Tanzania, focusing on thematic areas of Agriculture, Youth and Women Empowerment, Food Security and Livelihood. BMT is seeking applications from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individual to fill up the following position;
To provide inclusive technical support to the field team on livelihood value chain integration, training materials development, agricultural production, productivity and livestock health, networking with government and private sector on technical matters and market linkages.
• Provide inclusive guidance and technical support to field teams on livelihood value chain integration and implementation aspects of the project.
• Identify inclusive and suitable livelihood asset packages with participant households, ensure livestock house extensions, training, and asset management follow ups for households.
• Inclusively supervise efficient and effective use of livelihood assets to improve economic and social conditions of participating households.
• Provide technical advice to the local branch procurement committee in regard to livestock procurement and livestock quality checks before livestock procurement and& treatment.
• Ensure inclusive quality and proper animal health care for livestock assets procured for project participants.
• Coordinate with partner NGOs, local government, local leaders and private market actors to create inclusive market linkages for participant households.
• Support development of inclusive livelihood training materials for selected livelihood enterprises for project participants.
• Inclusively provide livestock management trainings, mentoring, coaching and treatment for project participant households as per reported need, and project staff livestock management capacity building
• Linkage of participant village groups with the local government services, monitor progress and link them to available opportunities.
• Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and share with the area coordinators and Technical
• Monitor project participants livelihood enterprises and other project activities.
• Follow the safeguarding policy, reporting procedure, report any incidents that may occur and encourage others to do so.
• Any other duty assigned by the immediate supervisor for the smooth run of the project.
• Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation to achieve the Programme goals on safeguarding implementation.
• Act as a key source of support, guidance, and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment
• Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action
• Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place and encourage others to do the same
● Bachelor’s degree in agriculture and Extension, Animal Husbandry and Agribusiness Management
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
● Good communication, facilitation, and representation skills.
● In depth knowledge on poverty dynamics, geographical context, community, culture etc.
● Planning and business management
● Monitoring and Reporting
● Stakeholder engagement
● Gender and Disability Inclusion
• Two- or three-years’ work experience in extreme poverty-related projects.
• Animal and crop Husbandry.
• Adult education and extension
• Business management and technical support
• Advanced People Management skills
• Dealing with ambiguities and conflict management
• Gender and disability sensitivity
• Documentation and reporting skills.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: CONTRACTUAL
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment process includes extensive reference and background checks, self-disclosure of prior issues regarding sexual or other misconduct and criminal records and our values are a part of our Performance Management System.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer.
Job Experience:No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Candidate needs to email their CV with a letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only complete applications will be accepted, and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.