20 Accountants (entry level)
Jobs at:Bank of Tanzania (BOT)
Deadline of this Job:
18 June 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, June 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Bank of Tanzania, an equal opportunity employer and Tanzania’s Central Bank, is looking for suitably qualified young Tanzanian citizens of high personal integrity to fill the following vacant positions at the Head Office, Dodoma, Sub Head Offices in Dar es Salaam and Zanzibar and its Branches in Arusha, Mbeya, Mtwara, Mwanza and Training Institute, Mwanza.
Position: Accountant (entry level) – 20 Posts
Reports to: Head of Division
Contract type: Permanent and Pensionable
To execute accounting duties in accordance with accounting principles and standards.
Key Performance Areas:
• Prepare, examine and analyse periodic statements of financial position and statement of comprehensive income to assess accuracy, completeness and conformity to reporting standards;
• Monitor and review accounting entries and related system reports for accuracy and completeness;
• Resolve accounting entries discrepancies;
• Review and recommend International Financial Reporting
Standards (IFRS) which are relevant to the Bank;
• Reconcile internal and intermediary accounts;
• Maintain accounting records and prepare accounts and management information;
• Provide advice and support to internal and external auditors in completing audits;
• Examine and verify payments;
• Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
Education/Professional Qualifications required:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from accredited institution with at least upper second class.
• CPA (T) qualification or its equivalent.
• Fresh graduate or with experience of not more than three (3) years.
• Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) with reliable contact address, email and telephone numbers.
• Applicants should apply on the strengths of the information given in this advertisement.
• Applicants must attach the following:
• Certified copies of Degree or Advanced Diploma
• Certified copies of Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates. iii. Certified Professional Certifications from respective professional bodies
• Certified birth certificates.
• One recent passport size photograph.
• Form IV and form VI results slips are strictly not accepted.
• Applicants should indicate two reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
• Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary and advanced level education should be verified by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
• Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
• Applicants are required to apply for one position only. Applicants who will apply for more than one position will be disqualified.
• Applicants must indicate the position applied for on top of the envelope with the application letter.
• Applicants are required to disclose relevant information in their applications. Giving false or incomplete information will lead to disqualification at any time during the recruitment process or after appointment.
• Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants must submit a duly signed application letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) and certified certificates to the following address:
Administration and Internal Controls,
Bank of Tanzania,
2 Mirambo Street,
11884 DAR ES SALAAM.
The deadline for submitting the application is 18 June 2021. at 16.00 pm.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.