4 Laboratory Technicians
Jobs at:Ministry of Health
Deadline of this Job:
Saturday, December 23 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, December 07 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Ministry of Health (MOH) through Global Fund (GF) Grants is looking for enthusiastic, creative and energetic individuals whom will work under a three years (1st January, 2024 to 31st December, 2026) contractual agreement to fill the following 123 vacant positions:
7. National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Program Gf Cycle 7 Vacancies
7.2 Job Title: Laboratory Technician – (4 Positions)
Location: Zonal: Kibong’oto, Mbeya, Dodoma and Mwanza
Reporting to: Hospital Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee the zonal TB diagnostics network
• Quality control and supervision of microscopy diagnostic networks within the zones
• To provide technical support on TB diagnostics and related activities at zonal level
• To provide technical support on the implementation of molecular technology at regional and district levels
• To coordinate timely TB specimen referrals from the satellite laboratories within the zone to the culture/LPA zonal laboratory
• To coordinate timely referral of positive TB culture slopes from the culture laboratory for Drug Susceptibility Testing (DST)
• To coordinate timely referral of RR-TB specimens to LPA laboratories for 1st and 2nd line DST Testing
• To ensure quality of specimen sent for culture and/or LPA is maintained by the organizing trainings, supportive supervisions and mentorship of relevant health care workers
• To ensure implementation of Internal and external Quality Control for TB culture/GeneXpert/LPA
• To ensure standard Operative Procedures and Job Aid for TB culture and LPA are in line with NTLP guidelines
• Prepare and timely share with Central TB Reference Culture Laboratory (CTRL) quarterly plans for TB culture or LPA activities quarterly and annual report
• Ensure adequate TB culture laboratory supplies through timely quantification and forecasting.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Holder of Degree or Advanced Diploma in Medical Laboratory technology
• At least 3 years working experience in diagnostics network
• Proven ability and skills of performing different TB culture technics
• Experience in coordination of medical laboratory related activities
• General knowledge in TB Diagnostic services
• Registered and licensed to perform general medical laboratory duties,
• Should have good working knowledge on Microsoft Office Programmes
• Being able to work as a team
• Age limit: 50 years
Terms of Employment: 3 years Contract (Renewable based on Performance and availability of funds).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
i. All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania and Applicants must attach an up-todate Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
ii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
iii. Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following;
a) Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
b) Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
c) Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
d) Full Registration & Valid License
e) Internship Certificate
f) Birth certificate.
g) National ID.
h) Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
i) Form IV and form VI results slips;
j) Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
v. Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
vi. If your names in your academic certificates are different from Birth Certificate and National ID you are required to have (Deed Pool from The Registrar of Oath at the Ministry of Lands, Housing and Human Settlements Development.
vii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
viii. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
ix. Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
x. Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate.
xi. Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
NB: All application should be submitted to Ministry of Health Recruitment Portal ajira.https://ajira.moh.go.tz/. Closing date will be two (2) weeks from this advertisement. Only successful candidates will be contacted and all interview costs will be borne by the applicants.
All applicants are reminded to comply with the application guidelines when filling the required information.
Ministry of Health
P.O BOX 743
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.