4 Zonal Finance Officers
Jobs at:The Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania (ELCT)
Deadline of this Job:
28 January 2022
Date Posted: Monday, January 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ELCT is therefore, seeking for qualified and competent applicants for various positions for this Anticipated Donor Funded Project to be implemented in NorthEastern zone of Tanzania. Positions in this proposed Projecct covers Senior, middle and lower management including technical personnel for the proposed technical areas in the project. The project’s intervention will be aiming at facilitating delivery of comprehensive services that aim to keep all OVC sub-population and adolescent healthy, safe, schooled and stable.
• Performs a variety of financial operations including appropriate disbursement and accounting of municipal funds, journal entry, fixed assets, accounting, reconciliation of bank statements, and preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports;
• Oversees payroll and accounts payable functions.
• Manage operating budget; projects revenues and spending, maintaining records and disbursements; Provides information to zone Manager on a variety of financial issues;
• Monitors budget implementation during implementation;
• Prepares a variety of financial reports including monthly, quarterly and semi annually
• Prepare requests and reimbursements of grants.
• Performs budgetary accounting and general ledger preparation and maintenance; provides information and assistance to Finance Manager regarding financial reporting and budgeting.
• Monitor budgets and expenditures and contribute to budget planning and revision;
• Ensure the financial transactions are authorized, recorded, filed with adequate supporting documentation, and maintained;
• Prepare and submit timely and reliable financial updates, reports and statements;
• Supervise bank reconciliations to ensure data is properly captured and all transactions are in order.
• Process and manage invoices through Accounts Payable invoice automation.
• Ensure tax invoices comply with GST requirements and follow up noncompliance
• Preparation and prompt settlement of statutory and other payroll deductions i.e. PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, Withholding tax, HELB, Co-operative contributions, Pension
• Conduct periodic financial analysis to identify and resolve issues, gaps or variances
• Ensure all expenses are within assigned project budget Update financial records with recent transactions and changes
• Perform finance analysis, reporting and management tasks.
• Ensuring proper book of accounts are kept and maintaining a sound archiving (filing and retrieval) system
• Preparations of year end accruals and monthly reconciliation of the accruals and make journals where necessary
• Conduct visit to CSOs and review their financial and administrative policies and procedures, identify shortcomings and train partners in such areas.
• Discuss project performance with zone managers on a monthly basis
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or relevant field.
• A minimum of 5 progressive years in a similar role is required.
• In-depth knowledge of financial regulations and accounting processe
• Experience from an international NGO is a plus
• Demonstrated experience and skills with budget preparation and analysis, financial reporting preparation and presentation and the proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative reports
• Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Email your application letter and resume with names of current three references and their contact information before the Application Deadline.
Applications should be sent by email only to the addresses below and should note the position title in the Subject Line:
The 3 Referees: These must include your current employer (if employed), your peer or immediate supervisor, and A same rank colleague or subordinate who can make a honest recommendation or reference for you.
All application should be sent to:
Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania
P.O. Box 3033
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.