6 Assistant Nursing Officers
Jobs at:The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR)
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, October 24 2023
Date Posted: Monday, October 16 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) is a Parastatal Organization established by an Act of Parliament No. 23 of 1979 (CAP.59, R.E.2002) and became operational in 1980. NIMR-Mwanza Research Centre is one of the NIMR Centers located in Mwanza region. The Centre is currently conducting research on HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, non-communicable diseases (NCDs) as well as other diseases of public health importance. The National Institute for Medical Research is looking for the qualified, experienced and well-motivated personnel to fill various positions into different projects at NIMR Mwanza Centre.
The Institute is collaborating with Rigshospitalet (Danish National Hospital) and Tanzania Meteorological Agency and other partners to conduct a study investigating the long-term effects of climate change on non-communicable diseases (CLIMATCH Study). The Institute is inviting applications from motivated and suitably qualified Tanzanian candidates to fill the following positions.
JOB POSITION: Assistant Nursing Officer (6 posts)
REPORTING TO: Project Principal Investigator
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To do phlebotomy for laboratory for various tests;
2. To do anthropometric measurements and other clinical assessments;
• To administer data collection tools using electronic devices; and
1. To perform any other study-related duty as may be advised by supervisor
QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCE
1. A diploma-level training in nursing from recognized training institution and holding a practicing license;
2. At least two or more years work experience in nursing or clinical research;
• Experience in drawing blood for investigations in adults;
1. Excellent written and oral communications skills in Kiswahili and English;
2. Computer literacy; and
3. Good Clinical Practice (GCP) training
TERMS OF SERVICE:
One-year contract which may be renewed on the basis of performance and mutual agreement.
The successful candidate will be based at NIMR Mwanza Centre and regularly visits at study sites.
A competitive salary will be offered to the successful candidate as per project budget.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
• Application letters should be written in English;
• Applicants must attach certified copies of Birth certificate, academic certificates and other awards;
• Application letters should be attached with curriculum vitae which includes not less than two relevant referees’ contacts;
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted; and
• A daytime mobile telephone number and e-mail contact details should be included in the application
All applications should be addressed to:
National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) Mwanza Centre,
Mwanza. Or through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submitting the application is 24 October, 2023.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.