Accountant - Coordination of implementers
Jobs at:Ministry of Health
Deadline of this Job:
Saturday, December 23 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, December 07 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Ministry of Health (MOH) through Global Fund (GF) Grants is looking for enthusiastic, creative and energetic individuals whom will work under a three years (1st January, 2024 to 31st December, 2026) contractual agreement to fill the following 123 vacant positions:
5. National Aids, Sexually Transmitted Diseases and Hepatitis Control Programme (NASHCOP)
5.10 Job Title: Accountant - Coordination of implementers (1 Position)
Reporting to: Global Fund Coordinator - NASHCoP
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure timely preparation and submission of quality financial reports by all GF HIV Grant Implementing partners.
• Communicate between NASHCoP – MoH and HIV Implementing partners regarding all financial matters.
• Ensure that all relevant financial management documentation is shared among HIV Grant Implementing partners.
• Work with NASHCoP Accountants to design and implement standard reporting templates for use by all GF HIV implementers, that is ensure timely, efficient reporting of all financial matters for each HIV grant implementing partners.
• Write feedback reports to HIV Grant Implementing partners and external agencies on all financial reports submitted to or through GFCU.
• Attend to all HIV ad hoc activities as directed by the PM and GFCU Coordinator.
• Collect information from GF HIV Grant implementing partners and compile monthly ‘flash reports’ on overall financial disbursement progress for submission to GFCU
• Reconcile regional and districts, SSRs advances /Imprest ledger
• Scrutinize quarterly progress reports from GF HIV Grant implementers, compare them with planned activities, summarize findings into brief reports and submit them to PM every end of month before submission to GFCU
• Ensure sound financial management in implementing programs using grant financial resources and compliance with policies and procedures of the Global Fund.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent qualification, with the registration under the National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA) as a Certified Public Accountant or equivalent. Having MSc. Finance will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of 3 - 5 years of work experience in an Accounting Department/unit in a reputable organization
• Must be conversant in Accounting Packages application including Epicor
• Knowledge in government accounting is an added advantage
• Good knowledge of English and Kiswahili both spoken and written
• Capacity of working with minimal supervision and strong interpersonal skills
• Experience in donor funded projects
• Age limit: 50 years
Terms of Employment: 3-years Contract (Renewable based on Performance and availability of funds)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
i. All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania and Applicants must attach an up-todate Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
ii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
iii. Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following;
a) Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
b) Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
c) Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
d) Full Registration & Valid License
e) Internship Certificate
f) Birth certificate.
g) National ID.
h) Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
i) Form IV and form VI results slips;
j) Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
v. Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
vi. If your names in your academic certificates are different from Birth Certificate and National ID you are required to have (Deed Pool from The Registrar of Oath at the Ministry of Lands, Housing and Human Settlements Development.
vii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
viii. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
ix. Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
x. Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate.
xi. Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
NB: All application should be submitted to Ministry of Health Recruitment Portal ajira.https://ajira.moh.go.tz/. Closing date will be two (2) weeks from this advertisement. Only successful candidates will be contacted and all interview costs will be borne by the applicants.
All applicants are reminded to comply with the application guidelines when filling the required information.
Ministry of Health
P.O BOX 743
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.