Jobs at:State Mining Corporation (STAMICO)
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, February 11 2024
Date Posted: Monday, January 29 2024, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The State Mining Corporation (STAMICO) is a state-owned entity established in 1972 under the Public Corporation Act, 1969 through the State Mining Corporation Establishment Order No. 163 of 1972 as amended by GN. 171 of 2015. The Corporation is responsible for investing in the mining sector through the entire mineral value chain from mineral prospecting, mining, processing and mineral trading. The Corporation operates mines and provides services in management of mining, drilling, environment and other related business. It is also responsible for supporting small scale mining sector in Tanzania.
STAMICO is purely commercial entity which operates in business norms on equal competitive environment along with private companies. In order to effectively and efficiently discharge its mandate, the Corporation wishes to advertise Transfer Vacancies from suitably qualified Tanzania Public Servants who wish to be transferred to STAMICO as follows: -
Required Qualifications and Experience
Holder of Bachelor Degree in one of the following fields; Accounting. Finance, Commerce or Business Administration majoring in Accounting or Finance or any other related field from a recognized institution with at least four (4) years working experience in the relevant field and must possess one of the following; CPA (T), ACCA, ACA, CIMA or its equivalent professional qualifications recognized by NBAA. Must be computer literate.
Duties and responsibilities
• To participate in the preparation of annual budget;
• To give inputs to formulation of revenue accounting policies, regulation and procedures;
• To participate in preparation and compilation consolidated financial statements of the Corporation
• To advise vote holders on procurement matters;
• To prepare purchase requisition or orders upon approval;
• To countercheck and ensures that the specifications contained in the order and respective requisitions are as per user’ requirements;
• To recommend procurement and disposal by tender procedures;
• To prepare advertisements of tender opportunities:
• To coordinate performance of the Goods Inspection and Acceptance Committee;
• To prepare draft annual procurement plan (AAP);
• To prepare General Procurement Notice (GPN);
• To review evaluation reports:
• To prepare report on procurement and other related records;
• To manage procurement contracts:
• To develop individual objectives or targets and performance standards as part of the individual performance agreement in consultation with the immediate superior; and
• To carry out any other duties as assigned by immediate Supervisor.
• To review weekly cash and debt position i.e. revenue and expenditures;
• To check and controls accounting operations;
• To prepare Annual Financial Reports;
• To monitor and controls corporate plan and budget;
• To supervise processing of accounting transactions and book transactions;
• To respond to audit queries;
• To perform any other related duties as assigned by the immediate Supervisor.
Remuneration: Salary Scale: SMC. 6.1
• Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) with certified certificates. Results slips and provisional results are strictly not accepted.
• Applicants must be Public Servants and shall channel their application through their respective employers.
• Certificates from foreign examination bodies must be certified by appropriate body (NECTA, NACTVET or TCU).
• Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
• Applicants should indicate their willingness to cover the transfer cost.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants must submit their application to email@example.com not later than 11 February 2024.
State Mining Corporation,
Mirembe Road. Hazina Plot No. 173, Block ‘W’.
P.O. BOX 981,
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.