Jobs at:Ministry Of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly And Children
Deadline of this Job:
26 December 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 16, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The United Republic Of Tanzania
The Ministry Of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly And Children
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) through Global Fund Grants is looking for enthusiastic, creative and energetic individuals whom will work under contractual agreement to fill the following vacant positions: .
Job Title: Accountant – 1 Position
Reporting to: Program Manager – NTLP
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure all financial procedures used for the management of NTLP funds adhere to the procedures outlined
• Develop and maintain a clearly defined accounting and finance organizational structure with documented roles and responsibilities and sufficient segregation of duties, including for implementing the Global Fund grant
• Maintain adequate policies and procedures in place to guide activities and ensure staff accountability
• Ensure that budgeting procedures including review and updating of budgets are robust
• Coordinate preparation of Quarterly & Annual Financial reports to be submitted to Global fund as per Performance agreement.
• Maintain budget system which ensures no duplication of costs and appropriate cost sharing arrangements
• Ensure the availability of sufficient information to accurately link the budget with the Chart of Accounts to allow reliable budgetary control and variance analysis by period and cumulatively and to find explanations for variances and corrective action taken when necessary
• Ensure that all accounting and supporting documents are retained according to GoT standards and safe procedures for carrying out regular back-ups are maintained
• Ensure that the accounting system supports the production of financial reports, including statements of Cash Flow, Income & Expenditure and Balance Sheet in a timely and relevant way
• Maintain a treasury system which supports the production of cash forecast information for disbursement requests
• Maintain appropriate controls over management of petty cash including limits over the maximum levels of petty cash held
• Ensure appropriate controls built in to the banking arrangements, including for example proper authorization of disbursements, double signatures on cheques and transfers, use of account payee cheques and conduct of regular bank reconciliations.
• In respect of payment for material items, ensure that there are appropriate checks prior to approving payment (e.g. checking agreement to approved orders, agreed pricing, approval by persons of appropriate seniority)
• Maintain satisfactory procedures to ensure that grant funds can be distinguished from other funds and accounted for separately
• Maintain oversight for procurement and supplies
• Develop and maintain a documented process for procurement of non health products and services. The process will include the following:
1. A code of conduct to avoid occurrence or perceptions of conflicts of interest
2. Methods of procurement and when different methods should be applied,
3. Procedures for requests for NTLP tenders,
4. Procedures for NTLP bid evaluation,
5. Procedures that are transparent and competitive
• Maintain NTLP approval systems with certifying and approval officers and appropriate segregation of duties and delegation levels, for authorization of procurement of non-health related assets and services
• Ensure that NTLP annual financial statements are audited to appropriate auditing standards and audit arrangements enable independent and reliable opinion/reporting
• Ensure that external audit arrangements applicable to Global Fund grant auditing requirements for Sub-Recipients are fulfilled.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Experience and Qualifications
• CPA holder with Bachelor degree in Finance, Accountancy, or its Equivalent
• At least 5 years’ experience in financial management
• At least 5 years’ experience working with government institutions
• At least 5 years’ experience managing Global fund Grant
• Experience and knowledge in Project Management Skills.
• Expertise in Risk Management.
• Knowledge of legal requirement and control is an added advantage.
• Critical problem-solving ability.
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Must be Conversant with EPICOR systems of accounting.
• Age limit: 50 years.
Terms of Employment: 3 years Contract (Renewable based on Performance and availability of funds).
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates are to submit their motivational letter, copy of the latest CV in one document indicating their preferred work station and copies of academic certificates, practice license for the specific professional cadre if any. The subject line of your job application letter should indicate the position that you are applying for: your CV must include the information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work-related traceable referees. All correspondence MUST reach the Ministry before 15:30hrs December 26th 2020 and channeled through the following address:
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Government City Health Road
P.O Box 743, 40478 DODOMA.
• Any application sent later than the mentioned date and time will not be considered.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; if you are not contacted within two weeks after the deadline of this advert, consider yourself unsuccessful.
• For more information kindly visit www.moh.go.tz
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.