Jobs at:World Direct
Deadline of this Job:
24 July 2021
Date Posted: Friday, July 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Overall Purpose of the Job
The Accountant will handle general accounting and finance operations as required of a very busy multi-donor funded NGO. Assignments will include budgeting for financial resources, report on the utilization of financial resources through variance analysis, and ensure financial resources are utilized within the stipulated policies, and contractual agreements.
• Produces monthly, quarterly year-end actual budget (variance) analysis and other management information that may be required from time to time.
• Drafts multi-year organisational and specific programme activity budgets.
• Monitors technical implementation of grants to ensure timely progress and according to submitted technical reports, proposed strategy, and work plans.
• Supports the Finance HR and Admin. department in ensuring full compliance with policies & procedures, particularly around cash, advances, banking, and assets.
• Supports in safeguarding of the assets of the organisation, including the maintenance of the Fixed Asset register.
• As may be assigned, supports finance and admin. department in its function as procurement focal centre, to drive the implementation of procurement policies and plans, aimed at cost effective acquisition of high-quality materials, goods, consultancies, and non-consultancy services.
• Preparing cash forecasts to identify monthly funding requirements to optimise resources and deliver value for money.
• Contributing on operational and strategic issues as a member of the Finance and Admin. Team.
• Ensures compliance with all financial reporting and forecasting requirements of specific donors projects and the institution, and ensuring the smooth flow of funds from funding sources;
• Ensures expenditure are incurred and reported in line with contractual agreements.
• Ensures project financial reports are compiled, aligned with narrative reports and submitted in a timely manner to keep all stake holders informed.
• A minimum of a degree in a relevant field such as business management, agriculture, development studies, etc.
• At least 2 years’ experience of providing support to a busy NGO team of professional staff, where a considerable amount of analytical skills are called for.
• Some understanding of and / or experience in budget management
• Independent and able to work with minimal guidance and instruction.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent Computer skills – Microsoft Office
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applications will be accepted up to 24th July 2021. Interested applicants should submit: (a) a confidential cover letter; (b) detailed CV with names and addresses of 3 referees, including e-mail addresses; and (c) a statement illustrating their suitability against each of the listed qualifications/competencies/abilities, and skills. All applications to be sent to email@example.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.