Jobs at:Boart Longyear
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, July 28 2023
Date Posted: Monday, July 24 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Boart Longyear Tanzania Limited is a company involved in providing drilling services, drilling equipment and performance tooling for mining, and drilling to companies. The company’s drilling site is in Msalala district, Shinyanga region where the company’s operations are carried out with prospects in other areas of the lake zone.
OVERALL DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION:
Boart Longyear Tanzania Limited is seeking to recruit an ACCOUNTANT to join and grow their team to contribue and be responsible for the accounting operations of the company, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of internal controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (Statutory reporting) and international financial reporting standards (Corporate reporting).
MAIN TASKS DESCRIPTION:
• The employee’s duties, without limitation, consist of providing Boart Longyear Tanzania with accurate quantitative information on financial position, while ensuring compliance with all country regulations. & Boart Longyears overall Standards. Others are:
• Receive Invoices and PO’s then send to AP team for processing on daily basis.
• Ensure AP ageing is up to date.
• Prepare the list of vendors to be paid based on due dates per terms of contracts.
• Execute payments of statutory deductions and contributions, local and foreign vendors.
• Arrange bank statements and send to corporate for bank reconciliations on daily basis.
• Lease with cash team to clear unreconciled bank lines reported after month end.
• Participate in month end close process by performing the accruals, petty cash reconciliation, GL review and any other related tasks.
• Visit sites regularly to perform a review of petty cash files and ensure compliance with petty cash policy.
• Work closely with supply chain BP to ensure GRN and ERN reports are up to date.
• Assist in external and internal audit performed regularly.
• Ensure tax returns filled and paid are correctly accounted in the books.
• Assist in preparation of company’s financial statements and annual returns.
• Assist in performing the weekly cash flow forecast and working capital management.
• Assist accounting shared service centers in performance of finance and accounting functions.
• Perform any other duties assigned by the management.
Experience & Necessary skills
• BSc in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree
• Work experience as an Accountant
• Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Hands-on experience with accounting softwares
• Advanced MS Excel skills including Pivot tables
• Experience with general ledger functions
• Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
• Additional certification (CPA or CMA) is a plus
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you have experience such above such experience in drilling services industry, send your CV to: Recruitment.EastAfrica@boartlongyear.com
Deadline for submitting applications is Friday 28th July 2023
All new hires must pass a pre-employment background check and drug test
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.