Jobs at:Ifakara Health Institute
Deadline of this Job:
19 December 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Ifakara Health Institute seeks an Accountant to join the Shinda Malaria project. The Accountant will work with the Finance and Administration Director and will be responsible for the day-to-day financial management of the project such as reviewing project budgets, initiating/processing payments approved by the Chief of Party, keeping records of the daily movement of project transactions, reporting and following up on clearance of advance.
Shinda Malaria is a five-year project (August 2022 – August 2027) implemented by Ifakara Health Institute, which supports the Government of Tanzania (GOT) in reducing malaria burden and in moving towards malaria elimination. The Activity is made possible by the support of the American people through the US President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Shinda Malaria works with the GOT to reduce malaria burden and move towards the long-term goal of malaria elimination – while achieving USAID’s strategy to support institutional growth and capacity development for local institutions. The Project will address the urgent healthcare needs of malaria atrisk populations, especially vulnerable pregnant women and children under five, and support Tanzania partners to grow and execute malaria programs sustainably and successfully.
Shinda Malaria will primarily work to support both facility- and community-based malaria activities in all districts of Katavi region, as well as make contributions to the national malaria priorities through the National Malaria Control Programme (NMCP).
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare project reports as per the donor requirements.
• Provide monthly project financial status reports to FAD and whenever needed.
• Prepare monthly expenditure tracker and ensure they align with the monthly budget projection.
• Prepare and submit quarterly project reconciliation reports to the FAD for review.
• Review all procurement requests of goods and services and ensure they are reasonable and in line with the budget.
• Initiate payments and process payments.
• Keep records of daily movements of project transactions (Project Subsidiary Ledger).
• Verify imprest retirement.
• Preparation and compilation of VAT claim to be submitted to the relevant authority for reimbursement
• Keep copies of donor contracts (soft and hard copies) and all project reports (custodian of project documents)
• Develop and maintain asset registers for all project assets and ensure timely maintenance of the assets.
• Perform any other tasks as may be assigned by a supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
• First degree or Advanced Diploma in Accounts or Finance. A certification in Accounts will be an added advantage.
• At least five years of accounting experience.
• At least three years of experience working in an international or local NGO.
• Experience in donors’ accounting procedures (preferably USAID-funded projects).
Skills and Competencies
• Computer skills, especially on how to efficiently use M.S Office applications e.g., MS Word, Excel, Power-point, Publisher
• Have a high level of integrity.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and should be able to communicate with projects leaders and donor.
• A team player.
• Customer services oriented.
• Efficient communication skills, e.g., proper speaking and writing in English and Swahili languages.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
The deadline for this application is 23:59hrs on Friday, 23rd 2022. All e-mail application subject lines should include: ACCOUNTANT – SHINDA MALARIA. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.