Deadline of this Job:
02 March 2023
Date Posted: Monday, February 27, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Accountant will perform various activities to control the organization’s financial resources and ensure that it complies with all relevant regulations, laws, and reporting requirements. Follow procedures and guidelines to accurately maintain the organization’s financial records and transactions.
The contract is 1 year period with 3 months’ probation. High possibility to renew for two more years, depending on funds & candidate’s performance.
Place of duty: Dodoma (LVIA Office)
Tentative starting date: Mid of March/Early April 2023
You enjoy spreadsheets but can join meetings confidently as well; you give great attention to detail, and you can prioritize & meet multiple deadlines. You are English fluent, responsible, with advanced organizational & supervisory skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent & CPA Holder
• At least three years of experience in a relevant field, including supervisory experience
• Experience in preparing budgets, compiling & analyzing data, and preparing financial reports
• Experience in supporting EU project implementation and knowledge of PRAG 2021
• Knowledge of local laws, codes, and regulations
• Computer Literature, advanced Excel
• Managing and supervising the work of the Assistant Accountant
• Participating in the recruitment of staff by the Country Representative
• Ensuring the timely payment of taxes & insurance, keeping track of staff annual leaves
• Managing the monthly payroll of LVIA staff
• Performing day-to-day accounting activities – registrations, cheques, bank transfers, reconciliation-
• Updating the LVIA accounting software, checking the bank & cash balances at the end of each month
• Monitoring the Secretary – Cashier, especially in money-missing cases or bank discrepancies
• Checking accountancy documents from partner organizations regarding their eligibility
• Preparing all the necessary documents for external auditing
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their CV, a motivational letter, a copy of professional certificates, and possibly, the details of three referees.
Please indicate the job you are applying for, like in the example: LVIA /Accountant/ Your Name & Surname. Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org and CC email@example.com or apply directly to the LVIA Office in Dodoma by 2ndof March 2023.
NOTE: All application Letters should be written in English, and you will be required to bring Original professional certificates during the interview. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by telephone or email; the job interview will be held in the LVIA office.
P.O. BOX 160 Kongwa Tanzania
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.