Jobs at:Shugulika Africa Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, September 19 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 06 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Assigning provisioned and non-provisioned expenses to ledgers.
• Internal audit of expense and non-expense ledgers to prepare MIS reports for management for cost monitoring and reduction purposes.
• Debtor follow-ups at intervals defined by the company alongside creditor reconciliations.
• Preparation of client invoices for the clearing/forwarding and transport divisions of the business.
• Review of incoming invoices and authorization for timely settlement within the stipulated timeframe given.
• Monthly filing of VAT returns.
• Timely adherence and preparation of accounts and paperwork to meet statutory requirements within Tanzania – e.g. withholding tax, PAYE, SDL, NSSF, WCF, provisional tax.
• Liaising with company accountants to ensure statutory reporting requirements are met.
• Bookkeeping entries on ERP software on a daily basis, including cash book and bank account reconciliation.
• Real-time inbox management, filtering, folding, and responding where needed.
• Full-time communication with seniors in the Company on any incoming or pending issues.
• A high level of communication via telephone, WhatsApp, and email correspondence with counterparties related to the business (service providers, suppliers, buyers, and other parties.
• Internal communication and coordination of tasks within different areas in the Group (across different time zones - primarily, Middle/East and Africa), using the Company’s task management software.
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, with previous work experience in a commercial or logistics background.
• Preferable Preference for a formal accounting qualification (i.e. Chartered Accountancy).
• Prior experience in the logistics (clearing/forwarding or trucking) industry would be an added advantage.
• Well-versed with Tally ERP as well as MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word).
• Knowledge of how to operate an ERP system (our company works on a custom Oracle system).
• Strong relationship management and client-facing skills
• Multi-tasking abilities.
• Self-motivated and capable of working self-sufficiently to ensure completion of work ahead of statutory and other deadlines.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.