Jobs at:WWF-Tanzania (TCO)
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, October 05 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, September 21 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
1. Major functions:
Under the directives of the Accounting Unit Lead, the Programme Accountant’s responsibilities will be as follows:
• Provide hands on support to the Finance team on all financial and operational issues to ensure effective management of the TCO Programs and projects.
• Oversee implementation of donor and WWF’s operational policies, procedures standards and systems including budget management, financial reporting, audits.
• Support and coordinate development of program’s operational, strategic and business plans and ensure effective implementation of the same
• Perform other functions as may be directed by the Project Finance Lead and TCO Finance Manager.
1. Major duties and responsibilities:
Program budgets management
• Manage program expenditure by ensuring that all program activities are fully funded and expended appropriately.
• Liaise with project technical staff and the TCO Finance Manager on budgetary/cash flows and disbursements from the donor and to program.
• Update and facilitate technical staff’s comprehension of the respective financial management issues.
• Monitor spending to ensure that there are no over expenditure and all activities carried out are as per the approved budget and work plan for all the projects under his/her portfolio
• Coordinate regular program team financial reviews based on work plans and expenditures and make comparison of expenditures and approved work-plans to ensure no delays in implementation of project activities for all the projects under his/her portfolio
Financial management and accounting
• Playing a leading role in preparation and ensure timely submission of all financial reports assigned to you for review and approval to Project Finance Lead or Finance Manager for further submission to donors and other partners as per respective contracts.
• Manage key program documents including filing of invoices, contracts, vouchers and other related documents in line with Field Accounting Manual and donor requirements.
• Ensure all procurements are done in accordance to respective laws and standard procedures including the field accounting manual and donor requirements for all the projects under his/her portfolio.
• Review and reconciliation of expenditures recorded in the projects under his/her portfolio to ensure everything belongs to the projects and have been correctly charged and no negative expenditure lines in the TB on monthly basis.
• Follow up on staff travel accounts to ensure that advances are retired, reviewed and posted into the system on time and with accuracy whilst ensuring aging report is current and without long outstanding balances.
• Organize Program audits including preparation of documents for internal, external and donor audits.
• Liaise with internal and external auditors on income related issues and any other audit related issues as assigned by TCO Project Finance Lead.
• Facilitate auditors in performing on-site visits.
• Assist in providing management responses to audit reports and implement recommendations.
• Undertake any other official duties as assigned by the Finance Manager and the WWF Country Director or his/her assignee as would be required.
• A university degree in Accounting, Commerce, Business Administration or related field;
• Full accounting qualification i.e. CPA, ACCA or equivalent will be an added advantage;
• Three to five years of working with financial/accounting systems experience in a major international organisation/NGO i.e. USAID accounting
• Demonstrable skills in the development of finance and accounting policies, procedures and systems in the context of an international NGO but private sector experience will be equally considered;
• Good knowledge of fund accounting (including reporting requirements of major Bi- lateral Aid Agencies);
• Hands-on knowledge of the major ERP software’s would be a distinct advantage;
• Excellent English and knowledge of local languages an asset.
1. Working Relationships
Internal: Interacts and works closely and on a regular basis with the Finance Manager, Project Finance Lead, project and Tanzania Country Office staff.
External: Interacts as required with other stakeholders, in collaboration with the Finance Manager as appropriate.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applications must include a complete Cover Letter & CV with full contact details of three referees and should be addressed to the Head of People & Culture, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, 05th October 2023 at 3:30 pm. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce
WWF has a principle of zero tolerance to fraud and corruption, if you encounter such an incident, then report by sending an email to email@example.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.