Jobs at:Shugulika Africa Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, September 04 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 29 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Correct authorization and allocation of business expenditure.
• Demonstrate and lead with an independent mind that is capable of questioning the need/requirement for proposed business expenditure and/or to consider that the determined value is reasonable, fair and within acceptable market ranges.
• Timely and accurate recording of transactions, whether on the Panstrat system or within manual systems such that transactions are recorded on a day-to-day basis.
• Prepare supplier payment requests.
• Interpretation and analysis of management accounts.
• Assist with payroll preparation and reconciliations.
• Collation and resolution of general ledger queries.
• Resolve all queries on balance sheet reconciliations.
• Manage and update stock sheets.
• Meeting certain non-negotiable finance deadlines.
• Provide timely feedback on management accounts to the Regional Finance Manager.
• Driving monthly finance meetings to discuss financial performance – feedback of these meetings to be communicated to the Regional Finance Manager.
• Oversee and assist in the compiling of budgets and quarterly forecasts.
• Assist lodge managers/ Director with queries.
• Assisting with year-end audit.
• Reconciling various accounts including clearing accounts and inter lodge transactions.
• Manage and supervise all reports to ensure that their duties are performed in line with output requirements expected of the Accounting Officer.
Internal control environment & safe guarding of company assets and resources
• Maintaining stock control procedures.
• Actively assist with month-end stock takes.
• Actively monitor, formulate and updating the internal controls within the lodge and conduct documented internal audits and spot checks where necessary.
• Actively practice the principle of professional skepticism on a day-to-day basis.
• A duty to investigate and follow up any occurrence or suspected occurrences where the company has or may suffer losses.
• A duty to report immediately any known or suspected cases of internal control breaches leading to or potentially leading to the undue loss of company assets or resources if not addressed.
• Maintain a duty to ensure that company assets are properly recorded, safeguarded and cared for by those responsible for their custody.
• Take full responsibility of petty cash, mobile wallets, company bank accounts.
• Perform regular audits on safari shop systems and processes.
• Ensure that accurate documentation is kept on record.
• Assist all staff with PanStrat.
• Assisting and training the lodge staff members in accounting principles.
• Review and train Front of House systems.
• 3 Years finance degree or relevant qualification (preference will be given to candidates with a CPA)
• 3-4 years’ experience in managing accounting/finance.
• Microsoft Office Computer-literate.
• PanStrat experience preferable.
• Fluent in English (oral and written).
• Analysis and problem solving skills.
• Critical thinking – always maintain a high level of professional skepticism.
• Independent and confident to ask and/or question costs or decision.
• Attention to detail.
• Teamwork / collaboration.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Good communication skills.
• Patience is a must.
• Result orientated and deadline driven.
• Sound Ethical standard.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.