Deadline of this Job:
14 October 2021
Date Posted: Monday, October 11, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
PASADA is a faith based organization operating under the Catholic Archdiocese of Dar es salaam. PASADA strives to reach the poorest of the poor living with HIV/AIDS and provide them with compassionate care, treatment and support services. Although sponsored by the Catholic Church, the services offered by PASADA are available to all individuals without discrimination of any sort.
PASADA ACHIEVE PROGRAM
PASADA will implement as a Sub grantee to PACT-Tanzania the Adolescents and Children HIV Incidence Reduction, Empowerment, and Virus Elimination (ACHIEVE) program in eight Councils namely;
1) Temeke Municipal Council,
2) Kigamboni Municipal Council,
3) Kinondoni Municipal Council,
4) Ubungo Municipal Council,
5) Ilala Municipal Council,
6) Kibaha Town Council,
7) Mkuranga Town Council and Chalinze Town Council.
PASADA for effective implementation has organized ACHIEVE project management into three Teams (Team A. Ubungo MC, Kibaha TC and Chalinze TC. Team B. Ilala MC and Kinondoni MD. Team C. Temeke MC, Kigamboni MC and Mkuranga TC
ACHIEVE is a five-year global effort to reach and sustain HIV epidemic control among pregnant and breastfeeding women, adolescents, infants, and children. The project is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by a Pact led consortium of top global HIV/AIDS partners, including Jhpiego, Palladium, No Means No Worldwide, and WI-HER. The ACHIEVE consortium works with USAID Missions, national governments, and existing response partners to identify gaps in HIV prevention and treatment programming among target populations.
In order to maintain high quality level services and to meet our clients’ and donor’s expectations, we wish to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions:
POSITION: ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT (1 post)
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Reports to: Project Accountant
Locations: Chang’ombe Dar Es Salaam
Roles and Responsibilities
• Verifies and posts transactions to journals, ledgers and other records.
• Prepares statements, invoices and vouchers.
• Reviews invoices for accuracy and completeness.
• Sorts documents by account name or number and processes invoices for payment.
• May post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records.
• Verifies and posts accounts receivable transactions to journals, ledgers, and other records.
• Follows established procedures for processing receipts, cash etc.
• Sorts and files documents after posting.
• Prepare bank deposits.
• Operate a personal computer.
• Ensure all cash kept in the office is kept in a locked cash box or safe, and access to cashbox is restricted.
• Examine payment vouchers after payment being made
• make sure all financial transactions are properly documented and approved by authorized staff
• query any transaction or supporting document if there is a doubt of its correctness
• Receive financial requests forms from departments and deliver them to the Project Accountant to check for budget compliance.
• Verify request from Finance Manager after being approved if has all supporting details e.g cost and account codes, three quotations and approvals from donors if necessary.
• Check that every transaction is backed with proper supporting document/s before payment is made.
• Prepare Payment Voucher plus BD’s and see to it that have been signed by the authorized staff .
• Receive cash from Bank and make payments according to the PVs.
• Record using Microsoft excel spreadsheets for petty cash payment and total cash received.
• Deliver PVs to the Project Accountant for the auditing purpose.
• Receive cash from Project Accountant and issue receipts on retirement of unspent amount.
• Receives inquiries by telephone and in person, answer questions and when necessary forwarding the inquiries to the appropriate person or department.
• prepare late retirements and payments report at the end of every month (From 26th of every month)
• Control over Cheque books and receipts ( dispatches of cheques)
• Issues receipts and keep safe funds received either directly or from various sources throughout the organization (strong room)
• Maintain accurate and reconciled receipt and disbursement records for the organization
• Maintain records of cash register voids, errors etc
• Maintains a petty cash fund which is balanced and reimbursed on a regular basis
• May open and close the office, setting up cash drawers and opening the vault/safe, preparing office equipment, securing funds and office at the beginning or end of the work day.
• At least Diploma holder in accountancy or Financial related course
• Work experience in Donor funded Projects work for at least 3 years
• Experience in Various Accounting software packages for both International and local finance requirement, etc
In addition to a competitive compensation and benefit package, both positions offer a very attractive work schedule.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
All applications letters should indicate the position and Councils Team of interest on the envelope, attached with detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of certificates, testimonials, transcripts and names of two referees and day time telephone number for confidential contact should be sent NOT LATER than 14th October 2021, interested candidates are encouraged to physically bring their applications at Temeke Chang’ombe opposite Police Chang’ombe within Catholic Church Compound. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The contact address is;
The PASADA Executive Director
PASADA P. O. Box 70225
DAR ES SALAAM, Tanzania.
NON DISCRIMINATION NOTE:
PASADA advocates and upholds the principle of equal opportunity for all and does not discriminate in its short listing, selection or employment practices that are based on racial, creed, sexual orientation, religious basis, sex, nationality, political affiliation, gender bases, marital status, inability or disability, or any other form which does not constitute merits.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.