Jobs at:Good Neighbors
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, October 24 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 18 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. It was granted General Consultative Status from the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). The aim is to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony. In Tanzania it was officially established in 2005 and our efforts work towards creating an environment where children’s rights are protected and sustainable development of communities through empowerment, leadership and ownership.
Good Neighbors Tanzania is looking for individuals to join our highly motivated team in the following role;
Position: Accounts Officer – (1-Position)
Project Name: Enhancing the Quality of Secondary School Education through a Holistic Approach in Zanzibar (EQSSE-Z)
Reports to: Finance Manager
Location: Mbweni – Zanzibar
Contract Duration: 1.2 Year (Renewable subject to funding availability and performance)
Good Neighbors Tanzania – Zanzibar Area Office (GNTZ-ZAO) is in going implementation of the KOICA project mentioned above, in order to provide better teaching and learning in secondary schools through learner-centered pedagogy in classrooms, strengthen teacher support services, improve learning environments, and conduct greater community engagement through school-based monitoring in Zanzibar. Therefore, GNTZ-ZAO would like to invite a talented and experienced person who can work together with us in a passionate way.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Preparing monthly finance report through the required accounting package system and execution status every month.
• Preparing Bank payments voucher for all approved budget requests with appropriate funding sources and project allocation
• Recording transactions in Quickbook
• Preparing and filling monthly bank reconciliation report for project and administration Account
• Evaluate internal management systems, procedures and risks in order to provide recommendations
• Writing cheques for all expenditures, scanning and preparing check ledger for all bank accounts managers every month.
• Monthly Preparation of Contribution for ZSSF, NHIF and TRA Return and HESLB for staff
• Ensure compliance with accounting and tax laws • Filling the Office documents in respective files
• Prepare project budgets regularly.
Qualification, Experiences and Competencies.
• Bachelor degree / Diploma in Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
• More than 6 years’ work experience in related fields.
• Fluency in both English and Swahili
• Excellent skills in use of Microsoft Excel, MS word and PowerPoint.
• Experience of computerized accounting packages (Quick Book for non-profit organization can be an asset.)
• Problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Good interpersonal skills in an international and multinational environment.
• A team player, flexible, quick-thinking and able to work well under pressure.
• Commitment to the Organization vision, mission, values and goals.
• Ability to multitask, ability to handle pressure well, ability to improvise, flexibility, adaptability to transitions
• Sincerity, patience, tact and the ability to earn the trust of others
• Good motivational organizational skills
• Perform other duties as required
Working Environment / Conditions:
• Work environment: Based at Mbweni Office in Zanzibar
• Office work: 90% within the Mbweni Zanzibar area
• Field work: 10%
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.