Accounts Payable Accountant
Jobs at:Shugulika Africa Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, August 25 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 08 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• To register/create all new suppliers local and foreign ensuring that proper documentation has been filled and processed prior to registration.
• To register all suppliers’ codes on SAP for Local & Foreign Suppliers.
• To sort all suppliers invoices local and foreign.
• To prepare monthly budgets from all departments against projected budgets.
• To prepare all weekly payments against supplier invoices.
• Monthly supplier statements and reconciliations Local and foreign.
• Ensure preparation of service levy/city levy for payment.
• Preparation of payroll and ensure to make all monthly statutory preparations and payments for withholding tax, NSSF, SDL, PAYEE, WCF etc.
• Filing of With Holding Tax Returns and ensuring invoices reflect WHT whilst posting done.
• Conduct costings of all imports and analysis of margins and goods in transit Accounts.
• Payment accounts journals and passing of monthly journals for reconciliation.
• Ensure forex booking monthly exchange, gains/loss.
• Monitor prepayment account, amortization and recuring posting journals.
• Ensure VAT returns and excel file and verify VAT input to be claimed from local supplier invoices, VAT input on import from customs assessments, VAT output on sales verification as per EFD and SAP system and VAT refund from credit notes on sales.
• Keeping informed of regulatory requirements and best practices in accounting.
• Ensure that all debts due and/or advances from employees are recovered per directives.
• Ensure that financial data are produced accurately and reliably.
• To ensure Tax Compliance is a matter of grave concern and that that all staturoty payments and obligations are adhered to and that all taxes are reconciled on a monthly basis.
• To ensure quarterly reconciliation of taxes are updated with Auditors to ensure that all taxes are paid correctly.
• To follow up with auditors any tax credits (WHT, Corporate tax, Vat etc)
• To ensure timely submission of Semi Annual Reports to TRA- P 9 & P10 ( PAYE, SDL, WHT Returns)
• To ensure monthly and semi annual/annual returns of WCF and NSSF to ensure proper payments of social security benefits and that funds are credited into accounts.
• Take reasonable steps for the prevention and detection of fraud, errors and other Irregularities.
• Costing of all products- to formulate all costings of products.
• To authorize all costing of products and ensuring all costs are determined according to original invoices supplied by service suppliers.
• To control & ensure correct posting and reconciliation of Goods in Transit Account.
• To formulate reports of margins of all products and analyses on monthly basis to review cost of sales of all products & formulate reports.
• Selling price analysis and price set-up.
• To maintain fixed asset, register as well as update.
• To update any new fixed assets for the year.
• To ensure policy & controls on fixed assets is implemented & regular monthly updates are conducted.
• Depreciations of fixed assets and fixed asset register together with new fixed asset receipts and registration.
• To process & obtain approvals for all local & foreign payments as per requirements for all online payments and cheque payments
• To negotiate exchange rates on behalf of company with authorized approvals & to determine foreign currency requirements.
• To create & file all Creditors Local & Foreign.
• To create & file all payment vouchers along with internal transfers.
• To create & file all taxation files.
• To create and file all local & foreign supplier files.
• To create and file all fixed assets and maintain a register as well as depreciations monthly and journals.
• Create and file all audit files.
• Prepare all tax files & ledgers-PAYE, SDL, WCF, NSSF, W/Tax, City Levy, Corporate Tax , Director Taxes.
• Prepare VAT Returns & Ledgers, Input versus Output, ESD Sales versus VAT Return sales, Import Purchases versus Vat Return Imports and other Expenses versus Vat output Local expenses.
• Prepare Letter Confirmations & Request for statements (Excel & PDF) signed off by bank.
• Cost of Sales Files all imports and attached documents & ledger.
• Expense Ledgers of key accounts and hard copy documents, Rental Invoices & Agreements, Transport Invoices, Fuel & Motor Vehicle Invoices, Business Travel/Accommodation Invoices, Professional Fees Invoices, Payroll Ledgers & Tables & Director Fees Tables and Bank Loan & Overdraft Agreements.
• Prepare aging accounts payable reports every month not later than 5th working day of next month.
• Prepare fixed asset register not later than 5th working day of month.
• Prepare Margin Reports not later than 5th of every month.
• Prepare Expense Analysis report Budget Versus Actual every 5th of month.
• Ensure that financial reports required by management and HOD are timely; accurate, reliable and agree with underlying accounting records.
• Prepare VAT reports not later than 10th of every month for prior month.
• Compete end month budget reports for all departments and prepare monthly budget by 25th of every month for next month.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration.
• Minimum 3 years of working experience in managing tax, payables and auditing.
• Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable principles.
• Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
• Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers.
• Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
• Proficiency in English and in MS Office
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.