Accounts Payable Assistant
Deadline of this Job:
09 December 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 07, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Accounts Payable Assistant compiles and maintains accounts payable records by matching, processing and reconciling of creditors’ invoices and credits in the allocated groups in keeping with policies, procedures, standards and statutory requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• On a daily basis process and match creditors’ invoices to outstanding purchase orders on the system.
• Perform regular reconciliation of creditors’ accounts ensuring that any discrepancies are highlighted and issues raised with the supplier and/or purchasing department for resolution.
• Effectively liaise with suppliers and staff to resolve issues regarding invoice and payments working within company policies and procedures at all times.
• Accurately generate EFTs and adhoc cheque payments in accordance with agreed payment cycles and authorised payment runs.
• Maintain up to date the system of filing for invoices, statements and payment remittances in a manner prescribed by the company so that financial and reporting information is timely and accurate.
• Ensure that supplier details are current on the system.
• Ensure compliance with relevant VAT and WHT requirements, seeking advice and direction as necessary.
• Periodically perform archival of documents in the manner prescribed by AUMS (T) /BG Umoja Services Limited policies & procedures.
• Provide suggestions on procedures/systems to maintain and increase efficient operations in the section.
• Ensure that the company’s HS&E and QA policies are complied with in the course of performing the duties.
• Perform other accounts reconciliation duties as required.
• Minimum 1 to 3 years of experience in accounts related position.
• Certificate or Diploma in Accounting from an NBAA recognised University.
• Degree majoring in Accounting from an NBAA recognised University.
• High level of integrity and honesty.
• Team player.
• Attention to detail,
• Sound interpersonal and communication skills.
• Be able to process large volume of invoices and meet tight deadlines.
• Dependably provide sound AP support, work well in a team, collaborate, and seek to learn and to share knowledge.
• Strong sense of urgency and outcomes focused.
• Some demonstrated and developing knowledge of accounting principles and standards with some practical knowledge of the requirements of the VAT and WHT legislation as it relates to the accounts payable function.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Sound English communications skills.
• Previous experience in a mining/contractor environment or a medium to large organisation.
• Sound understanding of accounting concepts and processes.
• Pronto ERP experience
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.