Accounts Payable Officer – Payroll
Jobs at:The School of St Jude
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, January 25 2024
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 17 2024, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The School of St Jude is a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa. We are giving 1,800 students free, quality education and 100’s of graduates access to higher education each year. This year, we provided more than 30,000 government school students with quality teachers. St Jude’s is funded by generous supporters from around the world who make our mission of giving bright, poor Tanzanian students a free, quality education possible.
Who are you
• Hard working, focused, patient and tolerant
• Possess a strength and drive, patience and tolerance and practicality whilst being efficient
• Possess a natural trait in completing your tasks on time
• Ability to work well under pressure and to react with common sense and urgency if required, to solve payroll problems whilst thinking on your feet
• You go to sleep at night dreaming about payroll and how statutory contributions are completed on time.
What you’ll do
• To prepare monthly School Payroll and produce all required reports for approval.
• Ensure statutory payments are made before due date. Ag. NSSF, PPF, LAPF, PAYE and Withholding Tax.
• Prepare gratuities and staff final payments when required.
• Ensure proper filling of the payroll and all accounting documents.
• Assist in preparation of bank account reconciliations.
What we’re looking for
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounts or Finance from an Accredited Universities.
• CPA (T) as recognized by NBAA will be an added advantage.
• Computer skills: Ms Excel, Ms Word, Internet, knowledge of ERP systems and Payroll related systems would be an added advantage
• Strong communication skills in both oral and written.
• Sound record keeping skills
• The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through education and make a positive impact in Tanzania
• A flexible and supportive community of international and local employees
• Ample opportunities for career progression and development
• Mid-morning tea and lunch (during working days)
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Send your cover letter and an up to date Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line must include the reference number: TSOSJ/HR/ADM/FM/01/24)
Applications close on 25th January 2024, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED!
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.