Administration and Finance Manager
Jobs at:European Committee for Training and Agriculture
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, November 05 2023
Date Posted: Friday, October 20 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Scope of work and objects
For the Coordination Office in Dar es Salaam, CEFA is looking for an Admin & Finance Manager. Under the direction and the supervision of the CEFA’s Country Director, the Administration and Finance Manager will be responsible of the following duties:
ADMINISTRATION AND HUMAN RESOURCES:
• Ensure the organization is compliant with applicable laws and regulations (TRA, Registers, etc.) and internal financial and administrative policies and procedures
• Be update about all NGOs laws and regulations
• Ensure the organization is compliant with HR policy and procedures, including the formulation of work contracts and the payment of taxes and contributions
• Support the preparation of official letters, contracts and memorandum and record documents, contracts and correspondences ensuring digital and physical archives are updated and organized
• Facilitate all administrative requirements for internationally appointed staff, whit timely attention to issues regarding work permits, resident permits, entry and exit visas, driving licenses and authentication of documents
• Provide data, analysis and recommendations for the continual improvement of financial, administrative and HR policies and procedures and ensure their compliance with the national laws and regulations
• Support the Country Director with the formulation and the updating of new or missing part of polices and procedures
• Set up a control system for consumables with the support of the local accountant
• Update the inventory of CEFA Assets with the support of the local accountant
• Regularly update and archive the local staff documentation (CV, ToR, Contracts), including employees working in our offices in Njombe and Iringa Regions
• Register the Rent Agreement of CEFA Hostel, check the regularity of the Lessee payments and ensure that the Lessee is compliant with the tax payments
• Instruct and support the field offices in regard to HR and Administrative issues
ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE:
• Manage petty cash and bank payments; keep accounts, including supporting documents and book-keeping records for the projects in Dar es Salaam
• Supervise and support the project accountants in other offices
• Control the quality and compliance of cashbooks and supporting documents of the different projects implemented by CEFA
• Ensure CEFA’s local partners are updated concerning procedures and regulations, and deliver according to quality standard and deadlines
• Work closely with projects’ staff and the Country Director to prepare budgets, budget amendments, fund requests and financial reports
• Prepare Financial Statements of CEFA and support internal and external audits
Skills and abilities required
• Degree in Administration, Accounting, Management or related fields
• Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience in administrative role in international contexts
• Proved experience in preparation of financial statements
• Experience on administration of donor-funded cooperation projects, budgeting and reporting
• Knowledge of the main Tanzanian Laws concerning NGOs, Taxes and Fiscal Regulations
• Proficiency in English and proven ability to write official letters and documents in English and Kiswahili
• Excellent Knowledge of Excel (Complex Formula, Pivot Table)
• Be a Tanzanian citizen
The Employee is requested to keep a flexible attitude and good degree of adaptation to possible modifications and/or integration to the foreseen duties on the basis of necessities that may arise locally, and to make an effort to integrate his/her work in the wider context of CEFA presence in Tanzania in order to facilitate consistency and continuity among current and prospective projects.
• Relevant courses / certificates
• Experiences in HR Management
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
We want to make sure we select candidates who pay attention to details and are able to understand and follow organizational procedures.
Only the applications adhering to the following instructions will be taken into consideration: Submit your application via email before 05/11/2023 to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The object shall state: “Application for Administration and Finance Manager – CEFA”.
Attach your Curriculum Vitae and a Cover Letter, providing 3 contacts for references. We recommend a length of maximum 2 pages for the CV and 1 page for the Cover Letter.
Do NOT attach at this stage Certificates or Transcripts; we will request them only for shortlisted candidates.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.