Jobs at:Pathfinder International
Deadline of this Job:
31 December 2020
Date Posted: Friday, December 11, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward. .
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Manages and coordinates administrative services functions to ensure efficient operations. Manages all administrative functions for Pathfinder International’s country office, including, but not limited to, facilities management and security, services and supplies procurement and vendor management, travel, domestic business and charitable registration, all-staff meetings, and document management. Develops, reviews, distributes and maintains all administrative office procedures, including, but not limited to, travel, records retention, mail handling, fax receipt and distribution, facilities management, parking and office assignments.
Key Job Outcomes:
• Meeting Minutes: Takes minutes at programmatic and strategic meetings. Contributes to development of meeting notes.
• Written Communications: Prepares written and electronic including letters and announcements. Types and proofreads correspondence, reports, and other materials. Answers routine correspondence and composes complex correspondence as necessary.
• Logistics: Plans and supports all logistics for evaluation activities, training, capacity assessments, learning events, schedules and calendars. And other project activities. Ensures smooth operations of all activities by coordinating with drivers, translators, interpreters, venues, caterers, suppliers, activity-specific logisticians. Mobilizes staff and consultants by arranging travel and lodging.
• Event Management: Works with country office staff to manage all country office events.
• Research Support: Provides research support to the management team in preparation for special meetings, presentations, and events. Collects material for and prepares special project papers.
• Record Keeping: Completes various forms, including: purchase requisitions, shipping requests, requests for absence, travel expense reports, requests for payment, consultancy agreements and work orders.
• Mail Distribution: Opens and distributes mail; forwards correspondence to appropriate staff for action.
• Project Management: Leads, manages or participates on cross-functional project teams.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
• Logistics Practices: Foundational knowledge of logistics standards and guidelines. • Mail Distribution Procedures: Ability to distribute mail according to accepted practices and procedures.
• Record Keeping: Ability to complete forms and reports and file them according to accepted policy and procedures.
• Event Coordination: Ability to coordinate events and meetings.
• Research Methods: Foundational knowledge and ability to conduct research on assigned topics.
• Writing and Editing: Ability to create and edit correspondence, reports and other forms of documentation.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
• PC Applications: Foundational knowledge of MS Office products, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Languages: Advanced writing and speaking skills using local language and English language
• Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills. Foundational knowledge of report writing.
• Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services of assigned program
• Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health: Demonstrated commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices
• Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Advanced customer service skills.
• Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
• Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
• Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality on work related matters.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritize
• Willingness to learn and to grow with the organization and motivated to take on additional projects and solve problems
• Self-directed and able to work without supervision
• Comfortable in both a leadership and team-player role, manage team members, lead assistant meetings, and supervises when needed
• Prior experience as an office assistant, office administrator, or handling administrative responsibilities in a related field
• Highly organized multi-tasker who works well in a fast-paced environment
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel); scheduling appointments/updating calendars a must
• Diploma or Advanced diploma in business, administration, or related field preferred
• Travel required (10 or less%)
• Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
Job Education Requirements: Diploma
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV, including contact details for 3 references before the close of business on December 28th, 2020 Applications should be addressed to the Director for Human Resources and Administration, Pathfinder International, PO Box 77991, Dar es Salaam or sent via e-mail ajira to Tanzaniaemail@example.com stating the position being applied for in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.