Agronomist – Hortculture
Jobs at:Suba Agro Trading & Engineering Co. Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
25 August 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Suba Agro Trading & Engineering Co. Ltd is the leading company in agricultural services, research and production of certified hybrid Seeds, fertilizers and other Agro-chemicals.
With more than 20 years in the agricultural business, the company has been playing amajor role in growing farmers and revolutionizing agricultural sector in Tanzania and neighboring countries. For fulfilling the requirements of its horticultural project in Babati Manyara, the company is looking for a competent individual to service the project. For qualified applicants, we welcome you to apply for the following position below: Agronomist – Hortculture
The Agronomist-Horticulture will work with Management in horticultural crops planning, soil assessment and irrigation facilities .
Work with Management in horticultural crops planning, soil assessment and irrigation facilities
• Administer crops requirements depending results of soil analysis.
• Supervise seeds selection, crops production, evaluation and reporting.
• Manage production quality, safety measures and field personnel
• Monitor all agronomic practices prone to production e.g. fertilizers, crop protection, proper spacing, land preparation etc.
• Ensure effective land utilization, cost efficiency and agro-inputs management.
• Coordinating all aspects of the assigned small and large company projects.
• Supervise field team and work closely with sales, accounts and project management.
• Understand mechanical/automated system projects and their requirements.
• Prepare work to be estimated by gathering proposals, prints, specifications and related documents.
• Identify material and time requirements by studying specifications, plans, proposals and related documents.
• Compute costs by analyzing labor, material and time requirements.
• Resolve discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
• Present prepared estimates by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
• Maintain cost data base by entering and backing up data.
• Work closely with the accounting department and understand accounting practices.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Communicate and interact with third party vendors.
• Communicate and present through email, phone, and web-based screen share meetings.
• Present findings through email, phone, web, and face to face meetings.
• Report to management as needed.
• Create and maintain project documentation.
• Prepare spreadsheets, charts, and data.
• Ensure all projects are delivered on time and within budget.
• Perform any other duties as shall be assigned by management.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, skills, and abilities required)
• Diploma/Bachelor’s degree in horticulture, Agriculture, or any other relevant qualification.
• 3-5 years of experience in the Horticultural industry or knowledge of horticultural equipment.
• Working knowledge in relevant computer software.
• Understanding of accounting and financial concepts.
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• High organizational skills and strong ability to multitask and work as part of a team.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• The company provide accommodation, water and electricity. Applicants in this position must be willing to live in the village.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
For interested applicants, forward your CV and Cover letter to: email@example.com or drop your application to:
The Human Resources Manager,
Suba Agro Trading & Engineering Company Ltd,
8 th Floor, NSSF Kaloleni Building,
P.O Box 14702, Arusha, Tanzania.
Deadline: 25th August, 2020 closing hours 16:00hrs
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.