Application Support Specialist
Jobs at:National Bank of Commerce (NBC)
Deadline of this Job:
31 March 2021
Date Posted: Friday, March 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services. .
• Responsible for Core Banking Systems and Peripheral Applications technical support, issue/incident resolution and daily maintenance on a spectrum of business logic in line with operational requirement.
• Analyzing and establishing the root causes of application errors/failures.
• Monitoring Systems availability and reliability to ensure Technology effectively meets the service targets in accordance with planned business objectives.
• Engage in supporting Business strategic projects requirements and deliverables within expected timelines with highest standards of Customer service.
• Supporting innovation & digitization of payments processes to uphold convenience and risk free processing.
• Providing technical support to teams within the organization, and to external clients when required, troubleshoot to restore application use in the event of a failure
• Support and troubleshoot software, typically working with both end users and developers.
• Responding to technical problems that occur abruptly and require immediate solutions, identifying and resolving technical issues.
• Providing necessary technical support relating to various applications, system-level software, compilers, and other general computing applications.
• Determine availability requirements for new applications or enhancements to existing applications.
• Optimizing software application performance, installing updates, and performing debugging procedures.
• Analyze software application functionality and suggesting improvements.
• Ensuring effective front end and back end functionality of applications.
• Translate customer needs and requirements into application solutions.
• Drive innovation related to Application within the bank for the purpose of improving efficiency and productivity in order to achieve revenue targets.
• Define the key targets of availability required for the applications and their components that underpin a new or enhanced IT application as the basis for an SLA agreement
• Maintain an awareness of technology best practices that support application availability
• Perform end of day/ month batch run for core banking applications
• Involvement in delivering key Projects requirements successfully within expectations
• Multi-tasking and building capacity in effectively managing all available Core Banking systems and peripheral Applications
• Support UAT testing challenges related to Applications for new projects or enhancements and perform sanity testing
• Creation of new products in core banking Application that are related to new projects or business requirement as per current market or customers need.
• Perform periodic reviews and tests of established Business Continuity Plans and procedures, reporting findings to management and making recommendations for improvements as needed
• The ability to conceptualize automated solutions and understand the prescribed design architecture
• An aptitude for problem solving, with the ability to take a logical route to the source of an error
• Work with developers and application owners to implement the change & document it
• Troubleshooting and providing solutions for production issues raise by either end user
• Run EOD/EOM/EOY batches by the time primary data centre will be moved in country
• Manage Oracle and SQL Databases.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor Degree in Electrical, Electronic & Telecommunications or Computer Engineering (Preferred)
• Oracle and Microsoft SQL Databases certification will be of added advantage
• At least 3 years’ hands on experience working with Oracle or Microsoft SQL Databases
• Knowledge of banking/ branch operations
• ITIL certification
• 5 years relevant experience in IT support or equivalent related experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• experience with problem-solving and trouble-shooting
• Experience in several computer programs and data interfaces.
• Working knowledge of basic network configuration
• Strategic Thinking (Solid)
• Strong analytical mind. Complex problem solving skills
• Experience with integrations with Bank products/systems is an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants please follow link: https://absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/NBC_Careers/job/Head-Office-NBC/Application-Support-Specialist_R-15915813
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.