Assistant Accountant – Expenditure
Jobs at:Tanganyika Law Society (TLS)
Deadline of this Job:
19 June 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, June 08, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Assistant Accountant –Expenditure is responsible for supporting the financial operations of an
organization by assisting in the management of expenditure-related activities.
This role involves maintaining accurate financial records, monitoring expenses, analyzing financial data, and assisting in the preparation of financial reports. The Assistant Accountant – Expenditure works closely with the accounting team to ensure the smooth flow of financial information and adherence to financial regulations in line with TLS Financial policy.
Scope of Work
• Monitor compliance to TLS financial policy and procedures
• Review all payables’ documents to verify completeness, validity and accuracy before preparing payments for suppliers.
• Ensure that all transactions are processed correctly and comply with TLS approved financial policy and procedures
• Process payments to suppliers based on reconciliation of invoices, purchase orders and receiving documents
• Monitor expenditures to ensure that they remain within authorized levels
• Ensure that financial and accounting records are properly managed, posted accurately and timely
• Maintain accurately the Petty Cash float and ensure that expenditures are made for allowed purposes as stipulated in the financial policy
• Ensure that all computations and payments regarding statutory compliance e.g., PAYE are being made accurately and promptly to avoid penalties and related fines
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements and bring any material variances to the attention of the Finance Manager for follow up and actions
• Prepare monthly and quarterly budget against expenditure reports and submit to the Finance Manager for verification and approval
• Ensure that TLS expenditure reports meet the applicable reporting standards
• Support external and internal audit function by providing required information
• Perform any activity assigned by his/her supervisor
Qualification of the Applicant
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or its equivalent from a recognized institution
• Minimum of 3 years relevant working experience in a reputable institution
• Familiarity and experience with international public sector accounting standards
• Familiarity and experience with Tanzania financial accounting standards
• Strong command of English and Kiswahili (written and spoken)
• Proven ability in compiling and analyzing financial data and preparing financial reports
• Experience in automated accounting packages is a plus
• Very conversant with spreadsheets
• Must be detail oriented
• Ability to learn fast
• Able to work under pressure
• CPA and audit experience is an added advantage
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you have interest working with TLS, please email us your application, CV and at least 2 samples of your written work relevant to this position. Explain in your application why you are the most ideal candidate for the job.
Send your application to: email@example.com
All applications should be addressed to the Executive Director, Tanganyika Law Society, P.O. Box 2148, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.