Assistant Data Officer
Jobs at:The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR)
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, October 24 2023
Date Posted: Monday, October 16 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) is a Parastatal Organization established by an Act of Parliament No. 23 of 1979 (CAP.59, R.E.2002) and became operational in 1980. NIMR-Mwanza Research Centre is one of the NIMR Centers located in Mwanza region. The Centre is currently conducting research on HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, non-communicable diseases (NCDs) as well as other diseases of public health importance. The National Institute for Medical Research is looking for the qualified, experienced and well-motivated personnel to fill various positions into different projects at NIMR Mwanza Centre.
The Institute is collaborating with Rigshospitalet (Danish National Hospital) and Tanzania Meteorological Agency and other partners to conduct a study investigating the long-term effects of climate change on non-communicable diseases (CLIMATCH Study). The Institute is inviting applications from motivated and suitably qualified Tanzanian candidates to fill the following positions.
JOB POSITION: ASSISTANT DATA OFFICER (1 POST)
The post holder will be responsible for developing, overseeing, organizing, storing, summarizing data and data systems.
REPORTING: The post holder will report to the Project Principal Investigator
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To design, implement and maintain database objects (tables, views, indexes and database security;
• To troubleshoot performance and reliability issues and investigate anomalous behavior in the Database environment;
• To repair and ICT equipments and associated peripherals;
• To maintain safety and security to ICT systems and equipments;
• To support the applications by handling Large Volume of Data; and
• To perform any other job-related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCE:
• Holder of Diploma or FTC in one of the following fields; Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Telecommunication or equivalent computer qualifications from recognized Institutions;
• Commitment to working as part of a multidisciplinary research team;
• Ability to work in multicultural environment;
• The candidate must demonstrate in-depth knowledge and understanding of Database concepts for developing new and supporting existing applications;
• The Census and Survey Processing System (CSPro) development experience is a must; and
• Must be below 35 years of age.
TERMS OF SERVICE:
One-year contract which may be renewed on the basis of performance and mutual agreement.
The successful candidate will be based at NIMR Mwanza Centre and regularly visits at study sites.
A competitive salary will be offered to the successful candidate as per project budget.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
• Application letters should be written in English;
• Applicants must attach certified copies of Birth certificate, academic certificates and other awards;
• Application letters should be attached with curriculum vitae which includes not less than two relevant referees’ contacts;
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted; and
• A daytime mobile telephone number and e-mail contact details should be included in the application
All applications should be addressed to:
National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) Mwanza Centre,
Mwanza. Or through email: email@example.com
The deadline for submitting the application is 24 October, 2023.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.