Assistant Program Accountant
Jobs at:The Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRl-Tanzania)
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, October 06 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, September 23 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Major function of the position
Under the supervision of the Program Accountant and guidance from the HJFMRI Contracts and
Partnership Officer, the Assistant Program Accountant will assist the program account for the management of the RAS Contract from planning, execution, monitoring and reporting and finally closeout at the end of the contract. S/he will ensure funds are timely disbursed, effectively utilized in compliance to donor policies and regulations and timely reporting.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Preparation of the Annual budget for the Mbeya RAS HIV program.
• Working in collaboration with the District AIDS Coordinators (DACCs) and District Medical Officers (DMOs) of the Mbeya Region in preparing individual budgets for consolidation into the Mbeya RAS Contract.
• Preparing program financial reports Fund Accountability Statement (FAS) and Expenditure Reports (ER) on a quarterly basis.
• Preparing funds disbursement requests/invoices for both milestone and variable payments and submission of funds receipt acknowledgement receipts/letters.
• Proper allocation of funds disbursed, by council/RAS and effective tracking of expenditure to respective councils/RAS as per the approved budgets.
• Ensure accurate and timely processing of activity requests for payments from Councils.
• Prepare monthly reconciliation reports and submission to the donor for expenditure verification.
• Collecting, verifying and Filing of Councils’ retirement for all funds paid to beneficiaries at council level.
• Managing Payrolls for Mbeya RAS and all Councils of Mbeya Region for staff paid under HJFMRI HIV program.
• Ensure all financial practices conducted at Mbeya RAS adhere to Tanzanian government federal laws but also the donor policies and procedures.
• Diploma in accounting, Finance, or a related field.
• 1-3 years of accounting and finance experience with donor-funded projects (preferably PEPFARfunded projects).
• Proficiency in accounting software (e.g., QuickBooks, SAP) and advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
• Risk Assessment, Analysis and Management. Assess, analyze, and manage risk using appropriate frameworks, professional judgment and skepticism.
• Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Adaptability and willingness to learn and grow in a dynamic environment.
Key personal competences:
• Self-motivated and able to demonstrate high initiative
• A team player
• Good interpersonal skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Please send applications to email@example.com. All applications should have a cover letter, curriculum vitae (CV) and copies of academic certificates. Please write your full name and the position you are applying for on the email subject.
Also, please make sure you fill in the form on the link below for your application to be considered: https://forms.gle/rkQkUfFq9DU2mUhr9
The application deadline is on 6th of October 2023.
Successful candidates will be required to bring their original certificates during interviews.
GENERAL APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
• “Testimonials”, “Provisional Results” “Statement of Results” will not be considered.
• Applicants who are retired or have been terminated from the public service should not apply.
• Applicants who studied outside of Tanzania should bring the confirmation of their qualifications from the authorized body.
• Legal actions will be taken against all applicants who will submit forged/falsified information/documents.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.