Jobs at:World Bank
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, December 12 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 28 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with other colleagues on monitoring, analyzing and regular reporting, via written reports and presentations, of economic and financial developments, policies and prospects in emerging market countries.
• Contribute to the design, updating and further development of country databases incorporating historical data and forecasts for key time series needed to formulate robust judgments about country risk in individual economies.
• Develop appropriate data gathering techniques, interpret and analyze data and develop meaningful insights. Actively engage with the team in providing with topics for further analysis, research ideas and new ways to present concepts.
• Contribute to the development of the Unit’s analytical apparatus linking macroeconomic developments to the performance of global industries at the regional level in order to identify sectors trends for IFC’s investment operations.
• Actively engage with the team in providing with topics for further analysis, research ideas and new ways to present concepts.
• Represent IFC Global Macro & Market Research Unit at all levels of the organization and engage with staff across departments. Become a key player in analysis and projects focused on EM regions of coverage, both at the country, sector, and portfolio level.
• Conduct research, analysis and report writing, helping to identify potential areas of growth for IFC. Develop and maintain networks of fellow analysts elsewhere in the World Bank group, among IFIs, in global financial centers and in IFC countries of operation to support analysis and assessments, especially as regards potential areas of growth for IFC.
• Support regional teams in business development through proactive analysis to identify market opportunities.
• Provide input for internal briefs, media interactions etc as required.
The candidate will have strong analytical and quantitative skills, with a strong economic background; strong interest in applied research in macroeconomics and finance; and will be comfortable working independently and with large and diverse datasets.
• Advanced degree in economics with specialization in finance, macroeconomics, markets, or related fields
• Have 7+ years of professional experience in macroeconomic research and analysis, especially country and sovereign risk
• Ability to combine theoretical frameworks with applied research, including design and operation of econometric models for macroeconomic forecasting and policy simulations
• Strong understanding of emerging markets economics, and the role of the private sector, financial institutions and cross-border finance in economic development
• Expertise and knowledge of emerging market economies, including political trends, private sector issues, and developmental challenges. Focus on more than one EM region will be a plus
• Ability to play a key role on country risk and vulnerability exercises for economies on focus regions, including the design, updating and further development of country databases incorporating historical data and forecasts for key time series including national accounts, external trade, financing and debt and key policy indicators such as fiscal and monetary accounts, interest rates and exchange rates, as well as statistics on capital markets and sector performance
• Broad knowledge and understanding of linkages between major sectors of the economy, especially banking and finance, and private sector dynamics
• Extensive experience and knowledge of Microsoft Excel, econometric packages (eViews, Stata), and presentation/graphic packages (Tableau, Power Point)
• Ability to thrive under pressure and function effectively while managing multiple tasks simultaneously
• High level of attention to detail and capacity to deliver high quality work
• Demonstrated written and verbal communications skills in English
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to function effectively and collaboratively in a team environment, including the willingness to share information and best practices
• Strong teamwork and client orientation
• Enthusiasm for, and commitment to development
• Experience working in or studying in countries outside of the home country
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.