Deadline of this Job:
Friday, September 15 2023
Date Posted: Monday, August 28 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Chemonics seeks a Bookkeeper for the USAID Tanzania Lishe Mtambuka Activity, also known as the Regional Multi-Sectoral Nutrition Activity. The five-year project aims to strengthen health and food market systems that promote the adoption of optimal nutrition-related behaviors across a range of stakeholders in targeted regions in Tanzania. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. This position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
• Assisting the project accountant in all aspects of project accounting and financial management.
• Completing data entry for accounting transactions, including reviewing payments for appropriate documentation and approvals and ensuring the maintenance of proper accounting files.
• Preparing monthly bank reconciliations. Calculating and paying required payroll taxes and social insurance to the proper authorities.
• Ensuring that all required documentation for VAT refunds is received by vendors prior to payment of invoices.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, auditing, business administration, or related field.
• Minimum two years of experience in a bookkeeping/accounting role.
• Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles, theories, practices, and terminology.
• Proficiency in Microsoft programs (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and the ability to use various
commercially available accounting software programs.
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.