Budget & Finance Assistant – (2308305)
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, October 24 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 04 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
Country Management Support Units (CSUs) have been established in the organisational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
• Support financial management through;
• Maintenance of financial records and financial transactions and ensure e-Imprestrecords are up-to-date and fully balanced; Processing of VAT and other receivable due to the Organizationto ensure that are promptly recovered e.g. Staff telephone bills;
• Processing of suppliers’ invoices and monitors all requests for payments, ensuring that all supporting documents (invoices,contract, act of acceptance, etc.) are attached and properly signed, stampedand are in accordance with the delegation of authority, before making anypayments.Liaison with GSC for all payments that are due to suppliers;
• Reconciliation of bank accounts; response to enquiries; provision of advice and guidance to clients in the Country Officeand performing closely related tasks.
• Verification of financial transactions and returns e.g. DFCs, DIs, Travel Claims to the WHO country office for accuracy and compliance with the financial rules and regulations, manual and operating procedures of organization;
• Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
• Completion of secondary education or equivalent technical training or commercial education with specialization in accounting, budgeting or finance.
• Desirable: Diploma or higher education in accounting or finance will be an advantage.
• At least 5 years of experience in in finance, Budgeting and/or accounting activities.and preferably with several years’ experience in WHO in an administrative cluster to have a sound knowledge of its rules,regulation, procedures and practices as related to the work.
• Desirable: Experience in other areas such as Administration, Program Management, Travel and Procurement would be an asset. Experiencein WHO in an administrative cluster tohave a sound knowledge of its rules, regulation, procedures and practices as related to the work.
• Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and implement inputs from several sources; to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; to conceptualize and carry out tasks with little supervision; to provide financial analytical reports, using appropriate software; to interpret financial rules and regulations; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
• Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
• Producing results
• Moving forward in a changing environment
• Use of Language Skills
• Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
• Desirable: Expert knowledge of Swahili.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.