Capacity Strengthening Advisor
Jobs at:IntraHealth International
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, November 03 2023
Date Posted: Monday, October 30 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
IntraHealth International seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Capacity Strengthening Advisor for the upcoming USAID Strengthening Capacity of Local Organizations Award in Tanzania. The purpose of the award is to strengthen the capacity of USAID/Tanzania’s local partners to better strategize, plan, implement, communicate, and monitor their activities and to improve their entities and overall operations to be sustainable organizations. This position will provide technical leadership and oversight to the project’s capacity strengthening strategy and will ensure that quality, technical capacity development is tailored to the needs of each local entity. S/He will develop and drive a systems-based approach for organizational development and work closely with the Chief of Party and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) advisor to ensure that data drives project performance. This position reports to the Chief of Party and is contingent upon award and approval by USAID.
Duties and responsibilities
• Assist the Chief of Party during the buy-in stage to develop concept notes and budgets that reflect USAID/Tanzania’s capacity strengthening requests and needs.
• Establish an efficient system to identify, subaward/contract and evaluate technical assistance providers.
• Establish a consultative and mentoring approach to co-developing detailed, costed capacity strengthening plans that meet the unique needs of each local entity as identified in the participatory assessment phase.
• Ensure that local entities receive targeted, customized, timely high quality technical capacity strengthening assistance that draws from local or regional sources and experts.
• Monitor implementation of the day-to-day capacity development activities by mentoring technical teams in the field, ensuring adherence to targets, timelines, budget management and achievement of objectives.
• Lead the technical and contextual adaptation of capacity development tools and approaches, as needed, and oversee the application thereof.
• In coordination with MEL Advisor, monitor and track the outcomes and results of the capacity strengthening interventions and use this data/information to continually improve the project’s performance.
• Regularly consult and network with local partners, government stakeholders and private sector to share information and innovation on effective, sustainable capacity development interventions.
• Coordinate closely with the Chief of Party and Finance Director to ensure that capacity development interventions are in line with program goals and budget.
• Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree (or an international equivalent), in Public Health, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences, International Development, Human Development, or related field.
• At least 7 years’ experience in designing and providing capacity-strengthening technical assistance to local partners in global health.
• Senior management experience including working with NGOs funded by USAID.
• Deep understanding of USAID-funded rules and regulations, policies and programs.
• Experience working with a range of partners including local CSOs, governments, faith-based organization, private sector institutions, small businesses, and others.
• Proven experience managing and providing technical assistance to USAID funded grants programs.
• Considerable experience in designing and implementing capacity development interventions.
• Demonstrated experience with US government assistance regulations and experience working in an international NGO environment.
• Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to work collaboratively on a wide range of issues.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage a complex workload and deadlines.
• Strong communication, reporting, and writing skills.
• Strong verbal and written English language skills.
• Tanzanian citizenship required.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.