Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC)
Jobs at:Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS)
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, December 31 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 13 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC)
Location: Based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Contract: A 12-month, renewable.
Reporting to: Principal Investigator, MUHAS-ORCI-UCSF Cancer Collaboration
Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS) through the MUHAS-ORCI-UCSF Cancer Collaboration is seeking for a full time Clinical Research Coordinator to coordinate and support data collection and analysis for a pathology related project. The applicant will be involved in research with the aim of implementing a new intervention in improving breast cancer diagnosis in Tanzania. The applicant will also be part of a highly dynamic MUHAS-ORCI-UCSF Cancer Collaboration that conducts research on cancer epidemiology, genetics, clinical management, treatment outcomes and prevention. The applicant shall participate in all research activities as directed by the lead investigator and other associated activities such as trainings, seminars and workshops under the MUHAS-ORCI-UCSF Cancer Collaboration Program. This is an opportunity to build experience in implementation science through working with a cancer research collaboration team involving local and international researchers. The applicant should be available to start working by 8th January, 2024
• To Identify, recruit, consent, enroll, monitor and interact with eligible study participants as per research study protocol.
• To assist in quantitative data collection for both pre and post study design. Quantitative data collection will also involve collection of data from cytology clinic and pathology reports from archive.
• To participate in the collection of qualitative data using qualitative interview as per protocol.
• To take part in data entry, data cleaning, data quality assurance checks, storage and as per protocol
• To participate in qualitative and quantitative data analysis, including transcription and translation process.
• To assist in the planning, coordination, implementation, monitoring of the research project activities.
• To assist in procurement process and manage project financial expenditures.
• To lead in preparing and reporting in project meetings, documenting meeting minute, trainings/ workshops and field work reports.
• To keep record of all project documents including approvals, consent forms and reports
• At least a Medical degree (MD) in a health-related discipline from a reputable institution
• Training in pathology related field, implementation science, qualitative research will be highly regarded.
• Good understanding of research methods including but not limited to quantitative and qualitative interviews, data management and analysis is desirable.
• Excellent organization and communication skills required, with the ability to handle the PhD research project with competing deadlines.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to effectively interact across all levels of staff and international team
• Work collaboratively with research team and within the existing collaborations to ensure project is executed successfully and completed within required time frame to meet research objectives.
• Good command of the English and Swahili languages, both written and verbal.
• Must be computer literate with experience in statistical or qualitative data collection software.
Attractive remuneration with excellent working environment will be provided to a qualified applicant
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Applications are accepted only via email: email@example.com Copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Required Application Documents:
• A cover letter, current resume (CV), copies of degree certificates and List of two professional references.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an oral interview.
Application Deadline: 31th December 2023
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.