Consultant (Project Assistant Adminstrative Officer)
Jobs at:Lake Victoria Fisheries Organization (LVFO)
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, December 22 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, November 23 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The LVFO in partnership with FAO, WorldFish, and Landell Mills is implementing a project supported by the EU. The title of the project is “The True Fish Farming Story in Lake Victoria Basin (TRUE-FISH Program). The Project is funded by the European Union and is being implemented for a period of 54 months at a total cost not exceeding EUR 1.125million. The Project officially started from 17th November 2020 upon signing the grant agreement and will run till to 16th May 2025 with a possibility of a no cost extension.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Purpose of the Consultancy
The consultant is responsible for providing effective and efficient operations, administrative and logistical support to the project. The Consultant coordinates all matters regarding implementation of the project. The functional responsibilities include transport management, follow-up of supplies and orders for goods and services and general office services.
B. Duties and responsibilities
1. Provide administrative services for the TRUEFISH Programme.
2. Oversee the day-to-day smooth running of the office.
3. Ensure the proper implementation and adherence to laws, rules and Regulations;
4. Assist in preparation and coordination of project meetings, workshops and seminars;
5. Take minutes of various programme meetings;
6. Assist in providing support and guidance to project partners for efficient implementation of the TRUEFISH Programme;
7. Devise efficient communication systems within and outside the programme;
8. Assist in coordinating Consultant activities together with the technical advisors/ Development advisors;
9. Responsible for all records keeping and Data Management System in line with TRUEFISH’s records keeping rules;
10. Monitor the availability of accessories and stocks for project activities;
11. Monitor project staff leave days and updates the leave schedule;
12. Monitor travel schedules and coordinate travel logistics;
13. Initiate project procurement requirements based on the approved budget;
14. Prepare and submit technical and/or any other forms of specifications to the Procurement Unit for the office requirements;
15. Liaise with the Procurement Unit to establish appropriate bid evaluation criteria and participate in the evaluation of bids as a representative of the User Department;
16. Responsible for Contract management once a contract is placed;
17. Undertake conformity assessment of supplied goods, services and works with the contract and reports any deviation from terms of contract to the procurement unit;
18. Prepare timely periodical reports of the project;
19. Facilitate preparation of a funds requisition to the donor;
20. Perform any other duty as assigned by the immediate supervisors.
C. Qualification and working experience
• A Bachelors Degree from a recognized University in Project Planning and Management, Public/Business Administration; Management, Public Policy & Administration; Human Resource Management; or related discipline
1. Working experience
• Should have at least Three (3) years of proven progressively responsible working experience in a reputable organization at comparable level.
• Specific experience in the execution of donor-funded programs/projects in an international or regional organization, national government, or other public or private organizations will be an added advantage
1. Desired key competencies
• Ability to understand and articulated issues related to fisheries and aquaculture;
• Effective writing, analytical and communication skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills; Planning and organization skills;
• Technical proposal writing and grant application skills;
• Computer and report writing skills;
• good networking skills and ability to maintain positive and constructive dialogue and relationships with key institutions in the region;
• Self-starter with the ability to strategically plan own work; and
• Very good written and oral knowledge of English.
The consultancy will be for a duration of six months renewable once upon successful completion of tasks and appraisal. The assignment will be full-time and based at LVFO offices in Jinja Uganda.
The consultant will report to the TRUEFISH Coordinator
F. Payment Schedule:
The Consultant must quote an all-inclusive flat-rate lower than and up to USD 2,926.56. The Consultant shall be paid at the end of each month worked, at the quoted monthly flat rate, upon successful completion and acceptance of the agreed duties as indicated in the weekly timesheets and submission, review and acceptance of the monthly Invoice.
G. Application Requirements
Interested candidates must submit:
1. An online application /expression of interest
2. A Curriculum Vitae showing experience relevant to the Assignment
3. A short motivational letter explaining why you consider yourself suitable for the assignment
4. Verified copies of academic and professional qualifications
Applications should be submitted not later than Friday, 22nd December 2023 at 17:00hours Local time.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.