Jobs at:Sokowatch Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
19 February 2021
Date Posted: Friday, February 12, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, and Rwanda use Sokowatch's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment. .
Role: Country Accountant
Seeking a Country Accountant on a 1-year fixed term contract. The Country Accountant will be tasked with performing key reconciliations such as reconciling transactions across the general ledger and sub-ledgers together with other key accounts.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Perform and review ledger subledger reconciliations for all balance sheet items.
• Perform and review inventory and tax reconciliations.
• Perform and review reconciliations for bank & cash balances; debtors; suppliers; inventory and control accounts.
• Generate fixed asset register and fixed asset movement schedule which ties to the General Ledger.
• Generate aged open balance listings for all items in the balance sheet.
• Generate a list of all proposed reconciling journals.
• Perform financial record audits to ensure compliance with IFRS and with the law.
• Ensure all accounting procedures follow IFRS.
• Assist in instituting financial controls (including end of day, end of month procedures) that are aimed to ensure integrity of financial data capture and aide in the process for regular reconciliations.
• Analyze financial data and trace discrepancies.
• Review financial documents to identify inaccuracies.
Perform review of reconciliations and tasks carried out by the bookkeepers
• Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration; CPA qualification; MBA/CFA a plus but not required
• Thorough knowledge of IFRS and experience with accounting and financial procedures
• Strong investigative and analytical skills; ability to identify errors
• Experience reconciling accounting figures and financial records
• Appropriate handling of sensitive information
• Ability to work to deadlines
• High level of attention to detail
• Team player with the ability to work with multiple parties
• Advanced computer software skills, including Excel and Accounting packages
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://sokowatch.breezy.hr/p/91fe1c6e140e-country-accountant
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.