Country Financial Controller
Jobs at:Stromme Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, October 12 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 10 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Strømme Foundation is a rights-based development INGO that works towards a vision of a world free from poverty. Our most important interventions in the fight against poverty are education, economic inclusion/ job creation and a strong civil society. We are among the 10 largest development organisations in Norway. With offices in West Africa, East Africa and Asia consisting only of local employees, we work through local partners in 11 countries. In East Africa, Strømme Foundation works in Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania and South Sudan.
Scope of the position.
The Country Financial Controller will be the overall Tanzania technical person charged with of providing sound financial management for the country office and implementing partners, support and build the capacity of implementing partners. In addition, you will be responsible for maintaining robust internal controls and ensure that proper systems and processes are in place and adhered to. You will also be responsible for ensuring that financial and donor reporting are accurately and timely managed.
The Country Financial Controller will be responsible for:
• Supporting partners and budget holders in budgeting and managing their respective budgets.
• Providing supervision to finance staff and ensure that transactions are accurately and timely updated in the accounting system (Unit 4)
• Project budgeting, and budget management
• Donor Financial reporting and management and Donor Contracts Management
• Management of audits (Partners, donor, country office)
• Perform accounting, finance management and administration function for country office.
Qualification and Experience
• Tanzanian citizen.
• A minimum of first degree in Accounting, Finance and business-related courses and a professional qualification (ACCA/CPA/CMA). A second level degree preferred.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA-T), with at least 3 years of post-qualification experience. At least 5 years of practical experience gained in INGO set-up, working with partners in financial management, partner management, budget management, donor budgets and reporting.
Skills, abilities, and requirements
• Demonstrated partner capacity building and training skills.
• Advanced knowledge and prior experience using grants management system.
• Ability to lead and motivate others.
• Professional working proficiency in English and Kiswahili
• Experience working with donor funded projects.
• Ability to build effective relationship with staff, partners, and other stakeholders.
• Willingness to travel within the country.
• Excellent analytical approach to work and strong attention to details
• Ability to respectfully train partner and be in position to transform them.
• Experience in using ERP system.
• Respect time schedule/due dates and always strive to deliver within agreed timeframe.
• Outstanding Interpersonal and people skills including achieving results through third parties (partners staff) capacity building, distance management, conflict management.
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Demonstrated computer skills (Proficiency in using computer desktop application MS office.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.