Jobs at:Serene Microfinance Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, November 20 2023
Date Posted: Monday, November 20 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Serene Microfinance Limited has been a growing and expanding company since its establishment in providing financial solutions to many individuals and corporates. Serene Microfinance Ltd exceptionally stands as good example due to the unique contribution in reaching many categories of customers in
Tanzania with micro-loans whose operations are in many parts of Dar es
In an effort to stream line operations, Serene Microfinance LTD seeks to recruit qualified Credit Officer to assist on Credit Department by ensuring quality loan portfolio and Portfolio Growth
(Location Dar Es Salaam
Position: Credit Officer (1) position
Meeting with applicants, analyse applicants’ financial status, credit and property evaluation and determine feasibility of granting loans, and facilitate loan repayments by making frequent follow-up to customer basing on the Microfinance Procedures.
• Maintain an active knowledge base of all of the Microfinance’s loan products and an
understanding of the qualifications required of each applicant
• To build and maintain a substantial and high-quality loan portfolio
• To conduct member’s/customers recruitment and screening
• To orient clients to the particular loan products and services.
• To analyse applicants’ financial status, credit and property evaluation and determine
feasibility of granting loans and ensuring loan repayments after disbursement
• Make a regular contact with the customers and clients in field.
• To provide quality and good customer service to clients.
• To prepare and present loan report timely (Daily, Weekly and Monthly)
• Maintain portfolio quality on daily basis
• Perform any other duties assigned to you by supervisor
Required Skills and experiences
• Strong attention to details and ability to work under tight deadlines, good judgment and decision-making abilit
• Strong analytical abilities/skills
• Self-confidence and calmness under pressure.
• Able to work under pressure
• Ability to work both independently and as a team
• Excellent customer service knowledge and ability to impart positive customer relations.
• Excellent Communication (both written and spoken) in English & Swahili
• Good understanding of lending procedures.
• Holder of Diploma or Degree or equivalent qualification in Microfinance, Business Administration, Banking and Finance or any other related fields.
• Proven work experience of not less than1 year in a similar position.
• Experienced in development of credit growth strategies, Policies and Procedures.
• Exposure to microfinance desired,
• Experienced work in Dar es salaam Region
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point.
Reporting Relationship: Credit officer reporting to Credit Manager
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Kindly submit your application along with Academic Certificates (Photocopies)
and detailed CV containing names of three (3) referees with their contacts to
the address below in one PDF File not later than 20th November, 2023.
NOTE: All late applications will not be processed.
All applications should be sent by email and addressed to:
The Human Resource and Administration Manager,
Serene Microfinance Ltd, P.O. Box 33813,
Mikocheni B, Bima Road near Ushindi Primary School,
Dar es Salaam.
Note: only shortlisted candidates would be contacted
NOTE: WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY FOR THIS POST!
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.