Director Finance & Administration
Jobs at:IntraHealth International
Deadline of this Job:
15 March 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About the Project
The project will build upon achievements of previous USAID-funded VMMC project and support the Government of Tanzania (GoT) through a five-year period to reduce new HIV infections and increase ownership of the VMMC program through scaling-up and sustaining VMMC coverage of 95 percent in five USAID supported regions, provide technical support for integration of VMMC into GoT’s routine health care service, and transition the VMMC services to GoT in line with the national sustainability plan by 2028. This activity consists of three main objectives: (1) expand access to safe, high-quality VMMC services for boys and men 15 years and above, (2) increase demand for and use of VMMC services, and (3) improve country ownership for continuity of integrated sustainable VMMC services.
The F&A Director reports to the Chief of Party (COP) and is responsible for leading all financial, operational, and administrative aspects of the anticipated Activity while ensuring compliance with terms and USAID regulation. The F&A Director will ensure systems and processes are in place and are implemented effectively to support the implementation of the award. Through this, the F&A Director will set up a strong financial control environment, including by overseeing effective cash management, vendor payments, budgeting and forecasting, procurement, human resources, property and grants management, and records. The F&A Director will also provide overall supervision and leadership of the finance and operations team. Tanzanian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is based in Dar es Salaam and is contingent upon award and approval by USAID.
• Master’s degree in accounting, finance, commerce, operations, or related field; ACCA or CPA certificate is strongly preferred.
• Minimum of ten years of experience in a similar financial management and operations role supporting USAID, CDC or other donor activities in developing countries. Managing PEPFAR funding will be an added advantage.
• Experience with budgeting and financial reporting requirements of multi-million-dollar (in excess of $5 million per year) USAID-funded activities and supervising finance and operations staff.
• Working knowledge of IRFRs/GAAP accounting standards, and financial management processes. QuickBooks proficiency preferred.
• Demonstrated experience managing a complex, small grants program.
• Experience in capacity building of local partners and sub-grantees in financial accounting and sustainability.
• Excellent interpersonal, and strong oral and written communication skills in English and Swahili is required.
Yes. Ability to travel 25% within the country and periodic international trip.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.