Jobs at:International Monetary Fund
Deadline of this Job:
29 May 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 17, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Economist works closely with the Center Director, playing an important role in managing the Center’s work plan, supporting the implementation of the IMF results-based management framework, supporting outreach activities, and contributing to the main publications and analyses. S/he also supports resident advisors (R As, the Center’s experts) in their activities of capacity development (CD).
The Economist has the following duties and responsibilities:
• Assists the Center Director in preparing and monitoring the implementation of the annual work plan and budget, as well as in preparing periodic reports to the Steering Committee.
• Contributes to the preparation of the annual and mid-year reports.
• Contributes to outreach publications, playing a key role in the preparation of the quarterly newsletter and the management of the Center’s website and Facebook page.
• Supports the implementation of the results-based management(RBM)framework(see below).
• Provides supporting research and presentations for the RAs’ regional workshops and assists them with outreach activities.
• Analyzes economic time series data and defines data needs and requirements for use by the Center Director and RAs.
• Independently researches, collects, and compiles information on member countries; maintains and updates quantitative and qualitative economic, financial, or statistical databases.
• Keeps abreast of developments with respect to IMF CD policies and IMF work in member countries.
• Performs other related duties as required.
On RBM, the main duties of the Economist are:
• Training of staff on RBM methodology and systems, particularly IMF Capacity Development Management and Administration Program (CDMAP).
• Supporting the development of logframes.
• Analysis of RBM data and reporting.
• Providing feedback to the Center Director and IMF headquarters on issues affecting RBM implementation at the Center.
• Professional Competence – (a) knowledge of econometric and statistical analysis techniques, database management, and related principles underlying IMF economic work; (b) ability to interpret and present statistical information; (c) strong analytical skills; and (d) monitoring and evaluation principles.
• Program/Task Management – (a) strong organization skills and (b) ability to anticipate, adjust to and prioritize a variety of complex, evolving tasks, mastering unfamiliar work quickly in a committed fashion.
• Communication – Strong communication skills (listening effectively, speaking persuasively, writing clearly and concisely).
• Teamwork – (a) Proven ability to develop effective relations within/outside the office, and to promote collaboration and guide junior staff within the team to meet unit objectives; and (b) ability to work with a range of senior professionals from various backgrounds.
Qualifications and Experience:
• MA/MS (Economics/Finance) in economics, finance, or statistics.
• Two or more years of relevant work experience (e.g., econometrics, statistics, finance) or equivalent experience.
• Proficiency in software applications is required, particularly Excel, Teams, and database management tools. Knowledge of econometrics packages such as Eviews, MATLAB, STATA, and R, together with a knowledge of statistical and econometrics techniques and macroeconomic relationships is an asset.
• Demonstrated proficiency in English with excellent writing skills.
The position is based at AFRITAC East’s headquarters in Dar es Salaam. The initial appointment is for 6 months, with the potential of being extended to a multi-year contract. The starting day is expected to be in mid-August.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
The interested participants will be required to submit their applications (cover letter and curriculum vitae) to the Center Director, IMF AFRITAC East, Dar es Salaam through email address: email@example.com not later than 29th May 2023. Short listed candidates will be the only ones to be contacted for interview to be organized by the Center Director, IMF AFRITAC East.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.