Jobs at:Farm for the Future Tanzania Limited
Deadline of this Job:
20 March 2022
Date Posted: Monday, February 28, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Farm for the Future Tanzania Ltd (FFF) is a private limited company established under Tanzanian law. The company is currently engaged in maize seed and Sunflower. A dam for water collection has just been built, and irrigation system for maize seed and macadamia nut production will be installed this year. The company’s future plan is to give priority to maize seed and macadamia nut production.The company is looking for a suitably qualified and professional “Field Supervisor”. The position is based at the company’s headquarter in Ilula- Iringa, Tanzania where the 250Ha farm is based. FFF is built up as a unique model to eradicate poverty, with Commercial farming and training on the same arena. FFF is building a strong team that can bring the company to commercial success and to a model for the future.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Working experience that documents major achievements in agricultural sector with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience,
• Experience of working with a private Agriculture company with big equipment/machines is mandatory
• A person with necessary experience that can build up a good culture in the Company consisting of permanent employees and casuals.
• Live FFF values and train the team to do the same: responsible, committed and result oriented
• A person that can communicate with various people/parties to enable and ensure success
• A minimum qualification being a diploma in any agricultural field.
• Experience in Seedmaize production will be an added advantage.
• Ability to do cost-effective solution.
• Physically fit and able as some of the work is manual and heavy
• Hardworking and dedicated to your work
• Able to work as part of a team
• Previous experience in maize seed production (highly desired)
• Fluent in English - spoken, written and reading
• Ability to use basic computer MS office programs
• Supervising all farm operations
• Coordinating and controlling quality of crop maintenance operations on the farm as per set standards in order to meet the production target, at lower cost.
• Crop scouting for pests and disease .
• Labour supervison and marking of timebook.
• Take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other people who may be affected by what you do or not do.Performs all tasks according to Farm for the Future’s Quality, Safety, Health and Environment policies and procedure.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applicant must attach an up to date CV and copies of academic certificates Applicant must attach a cover letter written in English language Applicant must be a Tanzanian Applicant must be ready to live FFF Values; Responsible, Committed and Results oriented. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates during interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification. Applicant should submit all application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.