Finance Assistant (Cashier)
Jobs at:Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Deadline of this Job:
Saturday, February 10 2024
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 24 2024, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Founded in 1956, The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities – in more than 40 countries around the world. DRC has been implementing emergency response projects in Tanzania since the onset of the Burundi refugee crisis in 2015 in three refugee camps in the Kigoma Region at the border with Burundi. DRC’s integrated projects for refugees, asylum seekers and host communities comprise sectors such as Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM), Protection (CBP, PSN, GBV, CP and Legal), Shelter and infrastructure, and Economic Recovery.
Overall purpose of the role:
Under the supervision of the Finance Manger, the Finance Assistant provides financial and administrative support to DRC and partners as per DRC and donor regulations and procedures within the Country operations in Tanzania and Burundi. The Finance Assistant contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The Finance Assistant provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities.
Finance and accounting
• Posting Expenses report and cash advances in dynamics
• Process Statutory Payments for (NSSF, PAYE, WCF, and SDL) before deadline
• Follow up with HR to get control number for HESLB and make sure payment is done on time.
• Follow up with vendors on EFD receipt and ensure receipts are attached to payment vouchers.
• Making monthly payments to incentive workers for camps and host community
• Timely uploading in dynamics monthly incentive workers payment/ Settlement
• Creating Low Value payments journals in dynamics on daily basis
• Assist the Finance Manager in other areas as required.
• Prepare and participate in donor verifications and annual audits.
• Creating vendor settlement journals (Pos and staff)
• Stamp project stamp for all vouchers as per donor requirements
• Stamp all low value procurement vouchers with “POSTED STAMP” immediately after expenses are posted in dynamics.
• Follow up on all pending vendor invoices in dynamics and make sure they are cleared and settled.
• Maintain proper filing of all financial documentation (vouchers, contracts, POs, etc.) and track all the payments made when needed.
• Stamp “PAID” all vouchers immediately after the payment is made.
• Create vendor invoice in Dynamics for high value procurement.
• Prepare weekly cash counts and ensure reconciliation in DRC Dynamic
• Update cashbooks on daily basis to reflect the actual status of existing cash count and cash count and cash/bank balance in all currencies.
• Proceed with the incentive payment in both camps location.
• Record on daily basis the invoices submitted to finance.
• Support the finance officer with any additional tasks.
• Assist with collecting, reviewing, correcting and filing all financial progress reports from the partners
• Support financial report preparations
• Submit progress and status reports
Required knowledge and working experience
• Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience
• Experience with carrying out admin tasks
• Good communication skills
• Advanced proficiency in Excel
• Basic proficiency in PowerPoint and Word
• Well-developed organizational and planning skills in order to meet deadlines
• NGO experience
• Advanced English proficiency
• Fluency in Swahili
• Diploma or equivalent professional qualification
Employment category: Standards
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Technical Line Manager: Finance Manager
Location: : Kibondo /Kasulu
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
• Finance staff
• Program Managers
• Human Resources
• Procurement and Logistics
• Area Manager Tanzania
• Area Manager Burundi
• HOSS Tanzania/Burundi
• Country Director Tanzania/Burundi
• Regional Office/Head Quarters
• Local Auditor company in Tanzania
• Local TAX authorities in Tanzania
• NNB Bank
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
• Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
• Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.