Jobs at:Right To Play (RTP)
Deadline of this Job:
18 June 2021
Date Posted: Monday, June 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position: Finance Assistant
Organization: Right To Play Tanzania
Work location: Dar Es Salaam
Authorized to work in: Tanzania
Right To Play (RTP) is a global organisation that protects, educates and empowers children to rise above adversity using play. By harnessing play, one of the most powerful and fundamental forces in a child’s life, we help 2.3 million children to stay in school and out of work, to prevent life-threatening diseases like HIV and malaria and to stay safe from exploitation and abuse. We are the only global development organization focused exclusively on using play to transform the lives of children and youth impacted by poverty, war, disease and inequality.
Established in 2000, Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in 22 countries across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
With a shared passion for our mission, our Culture Code guides how we act and interact based on five core pillars:
• Accept Everyone – Be intentional about inclusion
• Make Things Happen – Seek opportunities to lead and innovate
• Display Courage – Act with integrity
• Demonstrate Care – Look after yourself and one another
• Be Playful – Have fun at work
Please visit our website www.righttoplay.com to learn more about who we are and what we do, and watch this video to find out about the five pillars of our Culture Code.
The Finance Assistant reports directly to the Finance Manager. The incumbent is responsible for data entry, processing transactions in Accounts Payable, General Ledger and Accounts Receivable, reconciling Bank Accounts entries and official receipts booklet, compiling vendors’ tax files or payment and ensuring that all transactions and supporting documents are complete and properly filed.
Job Responsibility #1: Financial Accounting, and Reporting (85%of Time)
• Supports timely and accurate month-end closing financial report
• Ensures the smooth implementation of accounting activities, including (but not limited to): timely and accurate bank reconciliations, invoicing, monitoring of expenditure levels against Country Office budget.
• Ensures all documents are complete, with the appropriate supporting documents, reviewed and approved before processing for payment.
• Provides assistance with internal or external audit requirements.
• Ensures that all payments are made on time.
• Promotes compliance with relevant donor’s regulations and Right To Play’s policies/procedures Oversees the management of petty cash in the country including bookkeeping
• Accounts for all petty cash expenditures.
• Supervises the collection and recoverability of contractual, project partner activity advances, staff activity and travel advances and other receivables.
• Entering all financial transaction (Voucher) into RTP accounting package on daily bases, scanning all supporting document on daily bases and generation of general ledger upon required
• Performs three-way match in comparing invoice with purchase order and goods received note before processing any payment.
Job Responsibility #2: Administration (10% of Time):
• Ensures proper travel related templates are used, travel related data are properly reviewed and analysed and adequate supporting documents are well maintained as per the Policies.
• Ensures all expenses are authorized and approved in line with In Field Authorization Policy.
• Maintains control over the Country Office filing systems to ensure complete and organized accounting files
• Ensure statutory deduction to government are paid and filled on time Ensure monthly timesheet are filled on financial files for audit purpose
• Responsible for maintaining the Finance filing systems.
• Supports the FM in managing finance files by ensuring that all necessary documents are included and updated.
• Provides administrative support to the project team in the project location.
• Ensures and follows up on bank matters.
• Follows up on inventory control and assets management and ensure are up to date
• Assist review of fuel analysis sheet on monthly bases and provide necessary support
Job Responsibility #3: Performs other duties as assigned (5% of Time):
WHO YOU ARE:
You are passionate about our commitment to help children and youth rise above life’s challenges through the power of play. You are highly collaborative and a relationship builder with a passion for humanitarian work, human rights and social change. You have been involved in Accounting, Administration Support and financial control. Your attention to detail is great and you have a positive, follow-through mindset. You are focused accurate act with integrity.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Must have)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related discipline.
• 3 years’ experience in accounting or directly related areas.
SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES:
• Ability to work independently with little Good knowledge of accounting practice, supervision policies and procedures
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet Previous work experience with an deadlines international NGO
• Good analytical skill and Knowledge of ERP Accounting System
• Proficiency in use of Microsoft applications,including Excel and Word
• Skilled in maintaining documentation
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Fluency in written and spoken English and the Swahili language(s).
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
The opportunity to work with a passionate, innovative and collaborative team where you have the ability to make things happen. You will gain experience working for a globally recognized organization with a healthy culture premised on our Culture Code (accept everyone, make things happen, display courage, demonstrate care and be playful). In addition, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Target Start Date: 1st July 2021
Contract Duration: Long-term position – starts with a one-year contract to be extended based on performance
Closing Date: Friday 18th June 2021
If you are interested in applying this role, click here to upload your resume and cover letter.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Right To Play provides equal employment opportunities to employees regardless of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status and in compliance with local legislative requirements. Female candidates are encouraged to apply for this position. We are a child-centered organization. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory police record check as a condition of employment.
Closing Date: Friday 18th June 2021
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.