Finance Assistant-Maternity Cover
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, May 17 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 09 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Type of role • Business
• Location • Tanzania
• Salary • Competitive
• Contract type • Fixed Term
• Contract length • 3 Months
• Full Time • 35 hours per week
• Application Closing Date • 19 May 2023
• Interview date • TBC
• Start date • June 2023
• VSO is the world’s leading international development charity that works through volunteers to create a fair world for everyone. At VSO we pride ourselves on doing development differently. We fight poverty not by sending aid, but by working through volunteers and partners to create long-lasting change in some of the world’s poorest regions. We bring key stakeholders together to co-ordinate collective action, from local organisations to national governments. Our programmes in Africa and Asia focus on health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience, peace building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change that will improve the lives of generations to come.
• Assist the Senior Accountant by managing the day-to-day operations of the finance team, responsible for bank and cash management/processing and record keeping of the day-to-day transactions in accordance with VSO policy and procedures
Ideal Applicant Summary
• Competencies and Behaviour
• At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
• Equal Opportunities
• VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
• VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
• If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Complete the registration form below. When you have completed the form, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to our VSO Values self-assessment. This is a module designed to give you an insight into VSO’s ethos and provide you with an understanding of how your values align with ours, helping you to decide if you would like to join our organisation. The self-assessment module typically takes about 10 minutes to complete.
• After completing the VSO Values self-assessment, you can opt out or proceed with the application process. You will need to upload your CV in Word or PDF format detailing your employment and educational history, and any volunteering experience. Please note that you will need to complete the full application form in one go as you cannot save it to fill at a later time.
• When you have submitted your application, you will receive an email inviting you to complete two assessments which focus on how you process information and what your work approach is.
• You will be shown instructions and example questions prior to the assessments to help you increase your familiarity with them. You will also have access to a short profile report on completion of the assessment. Your application will be reviewed by our Resourcing Team when you have completed these assessments.
• Should you require any adjustments to be made to the application process due to a disability or any other circumstances, please email us at Recruitment@vsoint.org to discuss your requirements.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.