Jobs at:World Food Programme (WFP)
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, July 13 2023
Date Posted: Monday, July 03 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English and Swahili languages.
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Finance Officer, the Finance Associate is expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance. The Finance Associate is expected to manage resources and coach and coordinate a team of support staff, or specific support service(s).
To coordinate and provide finance, budget and administration support services involving the recording and interpretation of financial and budgetary information to ensure the efficient functioning of the support services and inform decision-making.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Act as an escalation point in providing procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of finance and budget, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules and regulations.
2. Participate in the development and implementation of financial policies and procedures, interpret and assess the impact of changes and make recommendations on follow up actions, to support setup and implementation of proper accounting procedures, systems and internal controls.
3. Contribute to the improvement of internal processes, enhancement of corporate systems and design of tools, to support transparent and efficient utilization of financial resources.
4. Monitor the daily cash position in order to optimize the use of surplus cash and maximize returns on investment through the liquidity portfolio.
5. Ensure that payments are processed in a timely manner, resolve complex issues relating to the disbursement or replenishment of funds in line with WFP rules and regulations.
6. Contribute to the preparation, implementation and monitoring of Master Card Foundation (MCF) budgets, monitor expenditure and budget forecasts, to ensure that relevant future funding requirements are met.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES CONTINUED
7. Co-ordinate with Small Holder Farmers Unit teams in order to ensure that all financial and administrative services are being performed efficiently and in line with Master Card Funding Proposal.Monitor account balances and oversee the recording of financial transactions in an accurate and timely manner to avoid the occurrence of an overdraft.
8. Monitor, control and analyze general ledger accounts to initiate and achieve corrective actions.
9. Prepare and analyze financial and statistical reports based on the established frequency and provide recommendations for further actions to the Finance Officer or other staff, to facilitate informed decision-making.
10. Co-ordinate and supervise work of other support staff and support their learning and development in management of financial resources (e.g., managing the petty cash/sub-imprest account, review and analyze vendor and balance sheet accounts, etc.), to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
11. Remain on stand-by at all times and follow standard emergency preparedness practices in order to meet immediate emergency requirements for further service on job and in the field.
12. Perform any other work-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
1. Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
2. Internal Controls & Compliance Demonstrates basic knowledge of internal controls, risk management, and monitoring mechanisms and their applicability to WFP’s critical activities.
3. Performance Budgeting, Analysis & Reporting Demonstrates participation in business planning efforts by developing basic project-level budgets and forecasts, incorporating information from various sources as appropriate to monitor KPIs.
4. Resource Management Demonstrates ability to track and compile reports on HQ and Field staffing and resource usage on a project-level basis.
5. Financial Mgmt. & Accounting Principles Applies knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices to ensure compliance with WFP policies, applicable procedures and accounting standards.
6. Supply Chain and Operations Knowledge Demonstrates basic understanding of WFP programme, implementation, and supply chain principles (including project modalities & structures).
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge & Skills:
• Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices to ensure compliance with WFP policies, applicable procedures and accounting standards.
• Demonstrates ability to track and compile reports on resource usage on a project-level basis.
• Knowledge of internal controls, risk management, and monitoring mechanisms and their applicability to organization’s critical activities.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has experience in finance and accounting, analyzing, interpreting data and generating reports in compliance with donors.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.