Jobs at:Management and Development for Health (MDH)
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, November 10 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, November 04 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health (MoH); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others.
MDH secured an award to implement and oversee a Three (3) year Global Fund Project from 2024 to 2026. The Project is aiming to tackle systemic obstacles that hinder progress in achieving better outcomes for HIV, Tuberculosis, and Malaria while simultaneously striving for equity, sustainability, and enduring impact. In line with this endeavor, MDH, as Prime for Global Fund Project, is in search of qualified individuals to fill the following job vacancies.
Job Title: Finance Manager (1 Post)
Reports to: Project Director
Location: Dar Es Salaam
The Finance Manager will oversee implementation of effective and highly efficient Programs’ financial operations systems as per acceptable standards. Ensures all financial operations, strategic and tactical matters as they relate to financial planning, budget preparation and management, cost benefit analysis and forecasting needs are done effectively. S/he Will prepare quarterly and annual financial reports and ensure on-time submission to the Global Fund as required. S/he will be reporting to the Project Director administratively and functionally shall be reporting to the MDH Director of Finance. The Finance Manager will also be responsible to oversee all the financial matters pertaining to the SRs who will be contracted to the project.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Assist the Project Director in general financial management of the project.
2. Administer and manage Finance personnel in accordance with personnel policies and procedures;
3. Assist the Project Director in local staff and consultant recruitment, hiring, and contracting;
4. Coordinate with the MDH HRD in human resources management and development matters including performance appraisal and identification of training needs in Finance and to make recommendations to the MDH Senior Management for continued employment of finance staff who are well-trained.
5. Liaise with MDH Senior Management and staff to ensure the maintenance of good employee relations and employment practices for the required high degree of morale and discipline at all times.
6. Manage project property in compliance with GF guidelines and regulations, including submission of monthly and other periodic reports;
7. Respond to pertinent information requests from GF and other project partners as necessary to maintain smooth relationships as required.
8. Initiation and implementation of the mobile payment system, which reduces the risks of carrying bulk cash and facilitated easy payment of per diems and allowances to the staff and other stakeholders.
9. Preparation of Project annual budget and manage that fund by make sure that the project targets are meet on time
10. Preparation of program Financial Reports such as quarterly and annual reports, liquidation repots, and any other financial reports for the submission to the donor (Global Fund) for Project evaluation
11. Reviewing the safari retirements against the Imprest taken;
12. Conducting spot check review and any other financial review as per the requirement of the program internal control procedures
13. Review Monthly Bank Reconciliation
14. Review Reconciliation of ledger accounts
15. Review Fixed Assets Register.
16. Preparation of the program Fund Accountability Statement
17. Working with auditor during audit and provide details explanation on any enquiries.
18. Review of fund disbursement to SRs.
1. Building capacity to the SRs on compliance with various rules and regulations including organization and donor requirements.
Requirements, Education, work experience and skills:
1. Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics. Masters in a relevant field is mandatory.
2. Must be holder of Certified Public Accountant (CPA-T) or equivalent certification recognized by NBAA required.
3. At Least Five to Seven (5-7) years of progressive experience in finance or accounting roles, three (3) years of supervisory experience required.
4. Experience leading and managing teams, demonstrate ability to oversee and guide the financial professionals.
5. Proven experience in strategic financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis.
6. Proficiency in creating and managing budgets, as well as forecasting financial performance.
7. Experience in preparing and presenting financial reports to senior executives and stakeholders.
8. Knowledge of financial risk management principles and strategies to protect the organization’s financial interests.
9. Understanding of financial regulations and compliance requirements relevant to Global Fund and MDH financial Principles.
10. Excellent written and verbal communication skills to convey complex financial information clearly to non-financial stakeholders.
11. Familiarity with financial software and tools such as ERP systems, Excel, financial modeling software, and data analysis tools.
12. The ability to think strategically and contribute to the organization’s long-term financial planning and growth.
13. Strong problem-solving skills to address financial challenges and recommend effective solutions.
14. High ethical standards and integrity to handle sensitive financial information and must adhere to ethical guidelines.
15. Experience of working with Global fund will be an added advantage.
MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To Apply for this Job register or login to https://recruitment.mdh.or.tz/ and from the Dashboard click on Search Vacancies button.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Submit your application before 10th November 2023
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.